PN-60 won't load

Help.... want to load a few caches to my PN-60  but can no longer upload.

Tried Chrome... nope

Tried internet explorer ...nope

Went from main cache page.... download ... send to gps   NOTHING   

went from map page... add to gps..NOTHING

what the heck   Worked a few months ago

1 hour ago, kunarion said:

Thanks!   I tried a search. but some were so old   I was able to send to gps only a few months ago... 

I have the PN60...  Will have to figure out how to use gsak again

"Send to GPS" no longer works for many people.  It's thoroughly discussed in hundreds of threads here in these Forums.

Here's a thread about loading a PN-40:

The easiest thing to do (since you're a premium member) is to run pocket queries, then mount your PN-60 as a flash drive and copy the .gpx files to the PN-60's waypoints directories. As someone else noted, you have to unzip the .zip file and copy the .gpx files themselves.

I don't use gsak myself, but I here that can make it even easier if you know how.

Getting a new GPS wont help. The send to GPS function is essentially dead now. All loading will need to be done by other means.

For PN60 I run pocket queries and drag and drop that file into the waypoints folder in the PN60. The pocket query needs to be sent to your email account.

Then unzip it from there. Connect your PN60 as a drive, select SD card or internal. You will see the waypoints folder there. In the PN60 you may have multiple

geocache  (GPX) folders. from multiple pocket queries. A plus here, if you are using TOPO 9 or 10 you can upload (sync) to TOPO and place them in the map.

Then if needed to repair the data in the PN60 you can transfer it back. Good luck.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:25 PM, punchappy said:

Took some playing.. but I had to use pocket queries and gsak to load.  

took a while, but I'm ready for the giga now!

May have to look into a new gps.  I like to have as back up...

10 minutes ago, Mn-treker said:

Getting a new GPS wont help. The send to GPS function is essentially dead now. All loading will need to be done by other means.

Sure it will. 

- If using a newer Garmin handheld, they could use the  Send to Garmin feature that replaced send to GPS last year.   :)

1 minute ago, cerberus1 said:

Sure it will. 

- If using a newer Garmin handheld, they could use the  Send to Garmin feature that replaced send to GPS last year.   :)

Let's be honest here, Send to Garmin isn't a direct replacement of the old Send to GPS. It only works with bookmark lists, making it effectively a premium member feature. Lists can already be turned into Pocket Queries, which I feel is a much better interface for grabbing caches en mass (even if it is a bit dated and in need of an update). And one of the biggest problems I have with Send to Garmin is that it doesn't give you the option to save the geocaches to your SD card. 

Send to Garmin could be a replacement for Send to GPS if it were implemented on individual cache pages, the map, and some other places around the site where basic members could have access to it. But as it stands, that feature alone isn't enough to recommend buying a new GPS. My reasoning in favor of switching is purely based on DeLorme effectively no longer existing, and that we should expect no support for the Earthmate GPS moving forward. But as long as it's working, no need to switch yet.