Non-Premium Member Question

Okay, go ahead and call me cheap so we can move on. A little background, I actually prefer coming up with and making cool cache containers and hiding caches more than I do finding them. I run into not being able to plant a cache every now and then due to the area being taken by a Premium member's cache that I can't see. Not a problem, I like playing in mine fields. But what do I do when I stumble upon a Premium member's cache while hunting a site to plant a cache. I've been signing them, but I have no way of logging them on the website. What would you do? 

Thanks in advance for your advice. Don't worry, I have a thick skin with lots of hair so flame away, just don't start any Forest Fires,

SmokeyBear#1

Edited by SmokeyBear#1
clarity

Go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com/

Enter the GC code of the PMO cache that you found. *

Click on the "Log" button.

Log your find.

* And if you the  GC code wasn't anywhere to be found in the cache container and you don't know what it is, go to the main search page (https://www.geocaching.com/play/search) and enter the coordinates where you found it. Assuming it isn't a puzzle, multi or Wherigo, it ought to be the cache at the top of the list.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, SmokeyBear#1 said:

Okay, go ahead and call me cheap so we can move on. A little background, I actually prefer coming up with and making cool cache containers and hiding caches more than I do finding them. I run into not being able to plant a cache every now and then due to the area being taken by a Premium member's cache that I can't see. Not a problem, I like playing in mine fields. But what do I do when I stumble upon a Premium member's cache while hunting a site to plant a cache. I've been signing them, but I have no way of logging them on the website. What would you do? 

Thanks in advance for your advice. Don't worry, I have a thick skin with lots of hair so flame away, just don't start any Forest Fires,

Cool.     :D

You've been able to log pmo caches as a basic member as long as I can remember.  van der Decken's got some good info, that's what we tell basic members to use also.    Should have asked sooner.    :)

Let's say you were scouting around N 43° 38.640 W 121° 41.220 to place, and found a box.  Those coords in search yield this list

and now you know what you found, with GC Code  and that there's a cache in that "minefield" already ;-)

If you're stumbling on finals of PMO multis or mysteries .. search from the coords you got at the box will yield the local list of caches,  that, plus  usernames on the log already, with dates, you can work from their finds on that day to the cache that you found, and armed with GC Code from their finds page, log it.

Thanks for being a hider !

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Go to http://www.geocachingadmin.com/

Enter the GC code of the PMO cache that you found. *

Click on the "Log" button.

Log your find.

* And if you the  GC code wasn't anywhere to be found in the cache container and you don't know what it is, go to the main search page (https://www.geocaching.com/play/search) and enter the coordinates where you found it. Assuming it isn't a puzzle, multi or Wherigo, it ought to be the cache at the top of the list.

Thanks so much! I had the GC code but everytime I searched the site I was stopped at the page telling me Premium Members Only. Your link worked perfectly. Thank you.