Souvenirs for streaks?

Korichnovui

8 minutes ago, Korichnovui said:

I noticed people have “31 days of geocaching” souvenirs. I assumed that was for streaks?

I just hit a 31 day streak but no souvenir yet.

Are there souvenirs for streaks? If not, what would be a good milesone for a streak?

No, the "31 Days of Geoaching" was the (northern hemisphere) summer promotion in August 2013 where the goal was to find caches on each day of that month.

Edited by barefootjeff
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, barefootjeff said:

No, the "31 Days of Geoaching" was the (northern hemisphere) summer promotion in August 2013 where the goal was to find caches on each day of that month.

And you got a souvenir for each day you found a cache.  Not for finding one every day of the month.  I got twelve.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Korichnovui said:

Ok so 31 day streak isn't really a milestone then - what milestone should I go for, assuming I continue to enjoy the streak? I mean, is there some threshold that most challenges ask for?

New challenge caches can require a streak up to 365 days:

https://www.geocaching.com/help/index.php?pg=kb.chapter&id=127&pgid=206

But when the guidelines for challenge caches were changed, older challenge caches that required longer streaks were grandfathered. I stopped my streak at 366 days because I had seen 366 day challenge caches, but the next "level" that I had seen was a fairly significant jump above that.

9 hours ago, Korichnovui said:

Are there souvenirs for streaks? If not, what would be a good milesone for a streak?

My longest streak is 62 days. It was part of 31 Days of Geocaching promotion. I decided to break the streak immediatelly after I got the last souvenir.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:18 PM, cerberus1 said:

We didn't cache the entire month because of the souvenirs.  :) 

I wanted to avoid obtaining those souvenirs but was traveling to a couple of states in which I not previously found a cache so by adding those states (and getting state based souvenirs) I also had a few 31 days of Geocaching souvenirs added to my profile.  Other than finding caches in those two states I didn't do any geocaching that month.  Coincidentally, the same thing happened (but in a different state and a new country) during the following years promotion.