Romanesque Architecture

I thought I would bring this to the community.  I am very interested in getting a Romanesque architecture category published.  A group was already formed a long time ago by Dorcadian Team but the category was never finished.

I have tried contacting him several times to try and push this along, with no response now (although I see he does log in from time to time).  In my last e-mail I suggested he promote me to leader in order to be able to finish the category.  But once again no response.

What should I do, create a new group and start over?

Thanks for your thoughts.

RitC.

8 hours ago, RakeInTheCache said:

I thought I would bring this to the community.  I am very interested in getting a Romanesque architecture category published.  A group was already formed a long time ago by Dorcadian Team but the category was never finished.

I have tried contacting him several times to try and push this along, with no response now (although I see he does log in from time to time).  In my last e-mail I suggested he promote me to leader in order to be able to finish the category.  But once again no response.

What should I do, create a new group and start over?

Thanks for your thoughts.

RitC.

Romanesque Revival Architecture (generally constructed in the late 19th century) is accepted in Victorian Homes already (not a great category name as the category also takes public buildings).  True Romanesque is medieval in nature and therefore restricted to Central and Western Europe.  Probably going to have the same issue as any new cemetery or commercial category within the review.  Might be a tough sell - whomever does the write will need to take that first sentence of mine in consideration ...  Good luck!

2 hours ago, Alfouine said:

Have you tried to send to him a message via an another way, this forum for example or his geocaching account ?

How would I send him a message via the forum?  I wasn't aware you could send individual messages via the forum.  Oh wait, do you mean clicking on the name which brings you to the geocaching profile page?  So actually I would be sending a geocaching e-mail?  In that case, I do believe I have tried before.  I could try again.

Edited by RakeInTheCache
26 minutes ago, iconions said:

Romanesque Revival Architecture (generally constructed in the late 19th century) is accepted in Victorian Homes already (not a great category name as the category also takes public buildings).  True Romanesque is medieval in nature and therefore restricted to Central and Western Europe.  Probably going to have the same issue as any new cemetery or commercial category within the review.  Might be a tough sell - whomever does the write will need to take that first sentence of mine in consideration ...  Good luck!

Actually as I read it, it specifies only Richardsonian Romanesque which presumably excludes any other kind of Romanesque revival.  Could be a door into broadening an exclusively Romanesque category.   

1 hour ago, RakeInTheCache said:

Actually as I read it, it specifies only Richardsonian Romanesque which presumably excludes any other kind of Romanesque revival.  Could be a door into broadening an exclusively Romanesque category.   

I've added other Victorian Romanesque architecture into this category.  Richardson was just the major player to get the style named after him.  I can tell you what the Romanesque style is for the US - lots of arched entryways, rounded towers, etc.  I couldn't tell you what makes the difference regular Romanesque Revival and Richardsonian Romanesque other than date built, maybe.  As long as the dates are right - 1840's-1900, any of the Romanesque Revival will be accepted into the Victorian Homes category.   

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, iconions said:

I've added other Victorian Romanesque architecture into this category.  Richardson was just the major player to get the style named after him.  I can tell you what the Romanesque style is for the US - lots of arched entryways, rounded towers, etc.  I couldn't tell you what makes the difference regular Romanesque Revival and Richardsonian Romanesque other than date built, maybe.  As long as the dates are right - 1840's-1900, any of the Romanesque Revival will be accepted into the Victorian Homes category.   

Ok, then maybe this category should accept only truly Medieval Romanesque buildings.