garmin communicator not working

tomanyapps

Recently Ive been trying to download and use the gamin communicator plugin. I am able to download it but whenever I use it, it says that it is not downloaded. Ive tried to use it on Firefox, chrome, and internet explorer. is there anything I should do to make it work?

The Communicator is dead. Most browsers are blocking it. Sometimes it works on IE if you add geocaching.com to your trusted sites, but not always.

The only alternative is downloading the GPX file and save/copy it to the \Garmin\GPX\ folder on your device.

Or become premium, then you are able to export lists to your Garmin.

• Helpful 1

The communicator is still working for me on I.E. That said, I now much prefer using the lists feature and sending caches to my GPSr via Garmin Express. Works like a charm. I was a little hesitant at first but caught on quickly.

Edited by luvvinbird

On every cache page you see a button GPX file (left of the Send to My GPS button). It used to be a premium member feature, but since a few months it's also available for basic members.

Download the GPX file and copy  it to your Magellan. Since I never seen a Magellan I can't tell you in which folder.

The export list function I mentioned is only available for Garmin, it won't work with Magellan.

I used the advice to create and save a List then download the List to Garmin.  A pop up notified me to install Garmin Express, which I did.  I proceeded to send the List to my Garmin (eTrex20).  IT WORKED!  Thanks to the contributors here!!  

It would be helpful for the erroneous instructions on geocashing.com to download Garmin communicator be removed though.  

• Upvote 1