Please don't sue me!!!

charlietd

Recently a cache was placed in the Portland area that requires a certain amount of bodily risk in order to log it. This got me to thinking about my own caches. If someone is in pursuit of a cache and is injured in the process, is the owner of the cache legally liable? Any lawyers out there that would care to make a comment?

Charlie Trail Duster - I woke up one morning and all of my stuff had been stolen... and replaced by exact duplicates.

quote:
Cache seekers assume all risks involved in seeking a cache.

This can be found @ the disclaimer page.

It's good to remind folks of that page every now and then.

So.. If someone gets hurt doing..oh.. let's say.. Tree Hugger 2.. It's pretty much their own fault.

So just be careful, and if you think you can't get to a cache safely...don't go icon_smile.gif

-fractal

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

N 45 30.ish

W 122 58.ish

Anybody can sue for any reason at any time. If they don't have a case though the Lawyer will turn them away unless they pony up the cash.

If you are aware of a hazard it's good to list it, but not necessary. I certainly can't come up with all the means someone will find to get themselves hurt, maimed or killed. People are creative when it comes to this stuff.

Why just the other day I learned that in the winter Lichen and Moss soak up all the water and become slippery. This makes climbing rock faces harder. Until geocaching I'd only climbed on rocks in the dry summer. Live and learn and on occasion get hurt while doing it.

Wherever you go there you are.

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

... I certainly can't come up with all the means someone will find to get themselves hurt, maimed or killed. People are creative when it comes to this stuff.

Just today I heard a story about a couple who had been married for 3 weeks. The guy calls his wife at work and says that their dog just bit him, and that he was going to kill the dog. The woman rushes home, when she opens the door she finds the dog lying on the floor with some pretty severe wounds. Then she turns around and sees her husband,near death, lying on the floor in a pool of blood. The guy had apparently been beating off the attacking dog with the stock of his LOADED rifle, when the gun went off. The man died, but the dog was OK.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erat,

tum soli proscript catapultas habeunt.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Misguided One:

Just today I heard a story about a couple who had been married for 3 weeks. The guy calls his wife at work and says that their dog just bit him, and that he was going to kill the dog. The woman rushes home, when she opens the door she finds the dog lying on the floor with some pretty severe wounds. Then she turns around and sees her husband,near death, lying on the floor in a pool of blood. The guy had apparently been beating off the attacking dog with the stock of his LOADED rifle, when the gun went off. The man died, but the dog was OK.

This sounds suspiciously like an urban legend. Did you hear this from a friend of a friend?

[This message was edited by Boojum on January 27, 2003 at 09:38 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Boojum:

[This sounds suspiciously like an urban legend. Did you hear this from a freind of a friend?

Nope, It's real. icon_eek.gif I read that story in the Vancouver Columbian a few days ago, Bad Karma,huh?

Bob G.

Where are we going?......And WHY am I in this handbasket???