Waiting for review...

You should have received an email after you submitted your cache that contained some info about the review process, including a statement regarding the timeframe. If you didn't receive this email, you either haven't submitted your cache for review yet, or emails from this website are being flagged as spam (which you'd want to get fixed before your cache gets published so you can receive the log emails).

• Helpful 1

In my part of Texas, I've had my first cache publish 26 minutes from the time I hit submit. Other times it has taken up to two days. It depends on the reviewer's workload and available time. They are volunteers and some of them have a life (and some are dogs)

• Upvote 1
On 5/21/2018 at 11:30 AM, K13 said:

In my part of Texas, I've had my first cache publish 26 minutes from the time I hit submit.

My record was less than 10 mins and it was an EarthCache! That’s not something that happens everyday, that’s for sure. Even 26 mins is rare. 

When you’ve put out enough caches, you tend to recognize the times that the reviewers log in. If you submit a cache around those times, it’s more likely to be reviewed quickly, so long as you don’t submit it after they’re done reviewing for the day.

If I were a geoaware (EarthCache reviewer) though, I would likely review caches throughout the day instead of on a set schedule.

Edited by Rapaladude
4 minutes ago, Keystone said:

There are no saved but unsubmitted cache pages associated with your account, so the issue is prior to the "submit for review" button.

Then what's the problem? I have definitely made a cache page (see attachment) and marked the location, type, attributes, size, D/T rating, date (it's not on the picture but it is there), and attributes.

Screenshot 2018-06-05 at 3.52.46 PM.png

Edited by levistep32
forgot date

Off topic: Logs that are rolled up "really tight" loosen when put back into the cache. Plus, paper expands when it absorbs humidity. It's better to use less paper in the roll than to make people roll it as tightly as they can. I can't count the number of times I tore off some of the unused log so I could stick the roll back into the cache container! Please consider using less paper and removing that request from your listing. ;)

Edited by TriciaG
fix smiley
  • Upvote 2
  • Helpful 1
29 minutes ago, Keystone said:

You haven't saved your cache page if you are still on that screen.  Once you've saved it, I'd be able to see it (because I'm a reviewer) even if you haven't yet submitted the page for review.

When I click the "Save and preview" button it just refreshes the page.

57 minutes ago, levistep32 said:

When I click the "Save and preview" button it just refreshes the page.

Make sure your hidden date is valid. It can't be in the future or earlier than, I think, 2000. It's best to use the calendar control to set it rather than just typing something in.

I do use the calendar. I click the date (June 5) and it shows up as Jun/5/2018

But then, I refresh the page or go to a different section and the date is gone.

1 hour ago, Keystone said:

You haven't saved your cache page if you are still on that screen.  Once you've saved it, I'd be able to see it (because I'm a reviewer) even if you haven't yet submitted the page for review.

Also, I did move on. I clicked the size, D/T ratings, and attributes

3 minutes ago, levistep32 said:

I do use the calendar. I click the date (June 5) and it shows up as Jun/5/2018

But then, I refresh the page or go to a different section and the date is gone.

This is ringing bells from another thread a while back but I can't remember what the specific issue is - maybe browser or brower-add-on related? You may need to do some searching, maybe about a year ago. The month being in words and the rest in numerals seems odd. I'm in a different part of the world where we use day/month/year for our dates, but when I go into the Create Cache page it shows the date as all numerals:

CacheCreationPage.png.d7e17ba98d8e87d3e13143ecad2831c5.png

14 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

This is ringing bells from another thread a while back but I can't remember what the specific issue is - maybe browser or brower-add-on related? You may need to do some searching, maybe about a year ago. The month being in words and the rest in numerals seems odd. I'm in a different part of the world where we use day/month/year for our dates, but when I go into the Create Cache page it shows the date as all numerals:

CacheCreationPage.png.d7e17ba98d8e87d3e13143ecad2831c5.png

Yeah, I recall a bug in the localization where you couldn't submit cache listings unless you had configured the system to use the US date format, or maybe that format or a couple others that looked similar.

I can think of two possibilities:

1) If you go back and forth between the first location page and the page you've shown in your post, it's actually possible to  lose the cache coords! ie, that first location page is now blank.  This shouldn't be possible, but if you've got multiple tabs/windows opened, it can be done. I'm voting for that. If that's the case, you end up having to just from scratch again.

2) If the date format issue has arisen again  on your account preferences page, you'll see a date format pull down. The most robust through the years for both the original cache submission report and the edit page has been Mon/DD/YYYY Month as 3 letters.

So my preferred date as expressed there for today is shown as Jun/06/2018.  

This hasn't been a problem on original cache submission in the past, it generally arose on editing.  

Edited by Isonzo Karst

For the first possibility:

When I go to the first step (Type & Location) it shows a popup that says Saved Draft, "Looks like you already started creating a geocache or event. Would you like to continue or start over?" I click Continue Editing" and the coordinates and the type are still there.

As for the other one:

I changed my prefrences so it became Mon/DD/YYYY as you suggested. Now the date doesn't disappear, but I still can't submit it.

I think I'll just start over and make a new cache page.

Ok, so making a new cache page didn't do anything.

The thing that made it work was removing the background image url! I don't know how, but removing that image url made it go to the actual page!

Thank you all for trying to help me. Apparently it was an issue with the background image.

Edited by levistep32
39 minutes ago, levistep32 said:

Any idea why the background image url would've prevented me from submitting?

Maybe it wasn't a valid url or something, but it was.

Parts of the website have had some bottlenecks of one sort or another.   Here's a recent thread related to some issues with downloading images in general:

My guess is you can wait a day or two and things will be back to normal and you'll get your image to download just fine.

Edited by Touchstone
12 hours ago, levistep32 said:
13 hours ago, Touchstone said:

My guess is you can wait a day or two and things will be back to normal and you'll get your image to download just fine.

Yeah, I was thinking to wait for my cache to get published (or not to get published) to add the image again.

Probably the best approach.  I recall reading somewhere (must have been in the forums, because I can't find it in the help center) that editing a cache page when it is still awaiting review and publication can push it down in the review queue.

21 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Probably the best approach.  I recall reading somewhere (must have been in the forums, because I can't find it in the help center) that editing a cache page when it is still awaiting review and publication can push it down in the review queue.

Groundspeak guidance to Reviewers is to review Listings based upon their GC number, with the exception of Events/CITO's which can be time sensitive based on the 2 week limitation mentioned in the Guidelines.  Looking at the Review Queue in my area, it appears that the Queue is sorted in this fashion as well, without regard to the Enabled date, although there are options available to sort by various headers in the Queue, if a Reviewer wants to sort it in some other fashion.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Nomex said:
28 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Groundspeak guidance to Reviewers is to review Listings based upon their GC number, with the exception of Events/CITO's which can be time sensitive based on the 2 week limitation mentioned in the Guidelines.  Looking at the Review Queue in my area, it appears that the Queue is sorted in this fashion as well, without regard to the Enabled date, although there are options available to sort by various headers in the Queue, if a Reviewer wants to sort it in some other fashion.

Then I stand corrected.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, Nomex said:

Groundspeak guidance to Reviewers is to review Listings based upon their GC number,

I often start a cache page and then let it percolate awhile.  No intention of gaming the system, but I guess that's been working in my favor.

On the other hand, our great reviewer generally publishes caches withing 24 hours.

• Upvote 2