How to find older caches?

I have cached on and off for a while but only recently (Getting the app down loading to my cell!!) have I really got into it!

When I travel, I plan (as many here do as well!) my path by caches.  

How do I go about finding the oldest caches by state?

Sorry if this has all ready been asked.  I did not go thru the 1000's of prior posts to try to fin it. 

15 minutes ago, abject said:

I have cached on and off for a while but only recently (Getting the app down loading to my cell!!) have I really got into it!

When I travel, I plan (as many here do as well!) my path by caches.  

How do I go about finding the oldest caches by state?

Sorry if this has all ready been asked.  I did not go thru the 1000's of prior posts to try to fin it. 

There are a couple of ways you could go about it.

1. Using the Search tool. Go into the filters, enter the relevant region in the "Limit search to..." field, do the search, and sort by the "Placed On" column (click twice to sort from oldest to newest).
  2. Using a Pocket Query. Create a new query, select the relevant country or state, select a Placed During date range encompassing the early years (May 3, 2000 - ?) and run the query.
1 hour ago, pingurus said:

You can use project-gc.com to display your statistics. There you will not only see your oldest found caches, but also have tools to search for missing months or simply the oldest caches.

See the screenshot below:

image.thumb.png.4b4d29bfe382b364e5bd959864438533.png

With the click of a single button, you can get in each state or county, the oldest cache, farthest north cache, farthest east cache, farthest south cache, and farthest west cache of the selected county or state.

Using a pocket query, you can query several states at once.  Under the states field, hold CONTROL, scroll through the list of states,  and select multiple states.

Say you were planning to drive from Oklahoma  through TX AK LA MS AL GA FL

Select all of them, then asked for caches with placed dates from May 2000 to whatever... say December 31 2001.  This will yield all of those old caches in those states.

You can select all 50 states by the way. Save that "all states" query, and then run it for various types/dates/attributes. Obviously, limiting what you're asking for, to keep out put below 1000.

And of course, many many bookmark lists exists with oldest caches by state, grandfather caches etc. I'd tend to run the PQ myself, it will be current. No point in hunting some hide from a bookmark that was archived in 2016 ;-)

• Helpful 1