Feature Request: Confirm name of list to delete

Twinklekitkat

Perhaps this has been mentioned before but I think it would be a great improvement when deleting a list if the "Are you sure?" message included the name of the list you were deleting.  I hate deleting them because my fear is I'm on the wrong line and will delete the wrong list.  How would I ever get it back?  There is no undo button.  Perhaps a shading of every other line may help ensure you get the right one as well but if that can't be done adding the name of the list to the message would be a great help.

2018-05-17_8-35-07.jpg

• Upvote 4

This is a very common oversight in user interfaces. In this day and age, it's hard to believe that almost everyone doesn't react to a confirmation like this by screaming "Am I sure about what?!", especially anyone anywhere tasked with testing a UI. Yet it always happens, over and over.

Anyway, a big plus 1. Please always confirm whether I know what I'm doing. An "Are you sure?" confirmation only confirms that I meant to do something. It's so easy to confirm that I'm doing exactly what I think I'm doing. Sure, a lot of people won't even notice the difference, but people that take confirmations seriously will appreciate the important details.

• Helpful 1
36 minutes ago, dprovan said:

This is a very common oversight in user interfaces. In this day and age, it's hard to believe that almost everyone doesn't react to a confirmation like this by screaming "Am I sure about what?!", especially anyone anywhere tasked with testing a UI. Yet it always happens, over and over.

Anyway, a big plus 1. Please always confirm whether I know what I'm doing. An "Are you sure?" confirmation only confirms that I meant to do something. It's so easy to confirm that I'm doing exactly what I think I'm doing. Sure, a lot of people won't even notice the difference, but people that take confirmations seriously will appreciate the important details.

For this sort of confirmation dialog box, some implementations will include a "Don't show this again?" checkbox to allow users to automatically answer "Yes" by default.   Often showing the confirmation box the first time is enough for users to pay a little more attention to what they're doing and don't need to be reminded every time.