Travel bug logs & language barriers ...

Redhot_Brat

So, I have a few travel bugs I've launched & a couple I've passed along (I'm now watching). Some of them have traveled far from home to areas where English is not the primary language.

I'm enjoying their travels, but could enjoy it much more if I could read the logs.

Is there someway to translate them? If not, is there somewhere to suggest this as a feature to possibly add? Something like the translate button you get on Facebook or YouTube would be awesome.

I'm not wanting it to look like Facebook...was simply using that as an example.

As for Google translate that doesn't always work. Some of the languages have symbols/letters I don't have in an English keyboard & you also need to know the language it's in to get a proper translation.

I was just hoping perhaps there was something in the app I missed or perhaps somewhere to suggest features I'd like to see.

As it's an international "game", I'm sure I'm not the only one to encounter a language barrier on travel bug logs. I've even had a cache log I couldn't read.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:19 PM, Redhot_Brat said:

As for Google translate that doesn't always work. Some of the languages have symbols/letters I don't have in an English keyboard & you also need to know the language it's in to get a proper translation.

The type of keyboard you have doesn't matter. When you copy-and-paste, it will transfer the text as-written regardless of what type of keyboard you have. As for the language, you can leave the source language as "Detect language" and Google Translate will often do a good job of guessing the right one. If it seems like it didn't, it shouldn't be hard to determine where the cacher is from by looking at their profile.

• Upvote 1