Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
njfeathe85

Asking for permission to hide a cache

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys

 

Just wondering what I should be saying to the land owner when asking for permission to hide the cache?  Particularly a local council in charge of an open space such as a small country park?

 

Is there any spiel or set sentances i should be saying?

 

Cheers for your help in advance!

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing I'd add is to offer to meet with them if they'd like and be prepared to explain not only what Geocaching is but what your plans are in using the property.   Bring examples of cache containers and make sure you impress upon them that you'll be responsible for maintaining the containers and if they have any problems what-so-ever your willing and able to solve them. 

 

Good luck.  The fact that your actively seeking permission right off the bat is a sign of good things to come.  

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, justintim1999 said:

The only thing I'd add is to offer to meet with them if they'd like and be prepared to explain not only what Geocaching is but what your plans are in using the property.   Bring examples of cache containers and make sure you impress upon them that you'll be responsible for maintaining the containers and if they have any problems what-so-ever your willing and able to solve them. 

 

Good luck.  The fact that your actively seeking permission right off the bat is a sign of good things to come.  

Excellent thank you for the extra advice.  I'll see what their reply is.  I did think about mentioning that i'd be responsible for them as CO but had already clicked send!

 

Hopefully someone else wanting to know about permission will be able to find this article and use the information.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, njfeathe85 said:

Excellent thank you for the extra advice.  I'll see what their reply is.  I did think about mentioning that i'd be responsible for them as CO but had already clicked send!

 

Hopefully someone else wanting to know about permission will be able to find this article and use the information.

I had the exact same experience.   Open space managed by a town sub committee that knew nothing about Geocaching.   It took me attending three meetings and a presentation before I was given permission.   I hope this doesn't discourage you because a good location is worth the effort.   

 

PS.   Because of this Geocaching experience I'm now on the board of directors of that sub committee.  Looking back it was one of the best decisions I've made as it's opened up many doors to things I really enjoy.      

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, justintim1999 said:

PS.   Because of this Geocaching experience I'm now on the board of directors of that sub committee.  Looking back it was one of the best decisions I've made as it's opened up many doors to things I really enjoy. 

 

And tying this to another thread, this is an excellent example of how one can "give back to the game" without hiding any caches.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

 

And tying this to another thread, this is an excellent example of how one can "give back to the game" without hiding any caches.  

Great point.   Protecting the areas we play on is just as important as the game itself.   Maybe even more so.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2

×