Feedback? - Our First Puzzle Cache

weareLAMB

Greetings,

My son and I have been working on building our first puzzle cache and I was hoping to get some feedback about the puzzle and cache itself. Below is the description and clue we are planning on using. There will be a four number padlock on the bottom of the cache, not pictured. The Geocacher will need to figure out the four number combination in order to access the log book.

Cache Description:
Hello! I am the LEGOVOGEL.

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I love all things LEGO. In fact, one of my favorite hobbies is to build things, such as this house. I also really like words, especially palindromes. Palindromes are special words that spell the same thing frontword and backward (just like my name). Last but not least, I am lucky that my favorite colors just so happen to be the same colors as I am.

This is my house. If you want to get inside, you'll have to unlock the lock that keeps me and my house safe. You already have all the clues you need.

Good luck and please be sure to leave everything just as you found once you leave.

Extra clue:
Only the front facing LEGO are important for the solution.

Here are photos of the cache, plus the famous LEGOVOGEL himself.

I'd appreciate hearing from this community  about whether you think the puzzle is able to be solved, any suggestions for improving it, and also advice on rating the difficulty of the puzzle itself.

Edited by weareLAMB
included imgur link to photos
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, weareLAMB said:
On 5/16/2018 at 12:43 PM, hzoi said:

Not sure how much of the solution you want discussed here.  I will presume none.  I'll send you a message.

Would be great if you could send me a Message. Very much looking forward to it.

Yup - sent it yesterday via the message center.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:18 PM, weareLAMB said:
On 5/17/2018 at 12:54 PM, hzoi said:

Yup - sent it yesterday via the message center.

Hmm, strange but I'm not seeing it. :-(

OK - sent again and also emailed.  You'll get one of them, I hope.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:27 AM, arisoft said:

I would try to brute force the lock open because the puzzle does not look familiar.

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying, why would you do that?

Is it because your need to get every possible cache supersedes the work that a kid did to create a thoughtful little puzzle?

How inconsiderate. How selfish.

Why would you, or anyone go at a creative cache with the express intention of breaking it if you can't figure out how to open it as the owner intended?

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, TeamRabbitRun said:

Unless I misunderstand what you're saying, why would you do that?

Is it because your need to get every possible cache supersedes the work that a kid did to create a thoughtful little puzzle?

How inconsiderate. How selfish.

Why would you, or anyone go at a creative cache with the express intention of breaking it if you can't figure out how to open it as the owner intended?

This is why we can't have nice things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brute-force_attack

• Funny 1