Tuesday/Wednesday night?

Team JOYSON

This being the fourth Wednesday of the month, some of us will meet at HotTrack for some kart racing. It's not too cheap ($16 per round, but we usually only race two sessions), but it's a ton of fun. Added bonus is that Wednesday is half price for ladies! Anybody want to meet at 7pm? Please see the site for more info and directions (it's easy to get to).

quote:
Originally posted by Bodoni:

...some of us will meet at http://www.hottrack.com for some kart racing. It's not too cheap ($16 per round, but we usually only race two sessions), but it's a ton of fun. Added bonus is that Wednesday is half price for ladies! Anybody want to meet at 7pm?(it's easy to get to).

Sounds fun, but a bit spendy. We'll talk about it. Don't be surprised if we show up tomorrow night (...or if we don't show up, for that matter).

Doug and I have never heard of this place before. Must be pretty dang cool, huh?

I think we will switch to the beginning of the month next time. How's 11/6 sound for the next race. Any takers?

BTW, you'll need to race to see fractal's b!tch!n new helmet and other accoutrements. Unfortunately for me, fractal was faster tonight -- both in fastest lap and overall average. The first race was a wash due to some unfortunate T-bone-ing -- but our averages for the second race were only 7/100 of a second apart. That's racin'!

quote:
Originally posted by Bodoni:

I think we will switch to the beginning of the month next time. How's 11/6 sound for the next race. Any takers?

BTW, you'll need to race to see fractal's b!tch!n new helmet and other accoutrements. Unfortunately for me, fractal was faster tonight --

Sounds fun! Somehow we already knew that fractal is a speed demon.

laurak of dasein

Ok, time to flip-flop again. Tuesday night is LeMans night at the track starting at 8pm. We could race, but we might have long waits between races. So Thursday, 11/7, is a better night anyway.

Now come on, someone come up with some reasons for Monday. And before you try it, we already know that Fri, Sat and Sun are bad nights for most of the group.

You guys trying to put it on a night I can't attened cause you're SCARED. I just got back from Dallas Tx. where they have a place called SPEEDWORLD. All kinds of racing, Video, Gocart, Indy car, Dragster. As for the latter, 0 to 70 m.p.h in three seconds. I held up the honor of Oregon with a 7 - 4 win loss record. Racing against 5 other Dragsters. I was also 1 second off the track record for Formula 1. Now. I see now that this is some serious smack being tossed out by myself but I refuse to delete a word.Oh yea, did some real good caching down in Dallas. One ? can a baby rattler make the rattle noise? That snake did not remind me of an Oregon Gardner.

This is your ~one week reminder. Next race day is Thursday, 11/7, 7pm, at HotTrack. Put aside some cash this payday and bring it on!

If you're a first-timer, it's important to arrive on time or a little early so you can read and fill out their form (death, dismemberment -- it's not their fault). And you get a briefing on how it all works. If you have a motorcycle helmet you should bring it so you don't have to wear theirs.

OK......Good thing you had me sit down.......

I assume there's a nearby spot for post race critiques, etc?

This vicarious liability thing is strangling all the fun out of this country! How long until they get to geocaching? I can see it now - Mr. ****, you are the geocacher known as Bodoni, right? Isn't it true that you placed that cache deliberately and in full knowledge that my client would try to retrieve it and fall off the cliff that was only 100 feet away? In truth, you placed it as a trap for my client in particular!!!

Mr. Bodoni, you are a menace to society!!!

"Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

There is indeed a nearby roadhouse where you can critique, ingest peanuts galore, have the beverage of your choice (so long as your choice isn't PBR, if I remember correctly), and fulfill a requirement of a newish travel bug.

As far as the cliff and menace to society thing -- I plead the fifth.

quote:
Originally posted by Team JOYSON:

It's $14 per 5 min session + a $10 membership if you've never been before. Is there anything else that we need to know/bring?

Not quite. It's $16 per 8 minute session, or $14 per 8 minute if you're a member. You do not need to be a member. Memberships are $10 per year, so if you race 5 times it pays off. You also need to pay $1 once to buy a helmet liner if you're going to use their helmets. Members get one free. If you have a helmet, bring it. I also bring non-gel bicycle gloves so I look cooler. Nobody looks as cool as fractal in his kickin' helmet and goggles though!

That's it for the costs. Not cheap, but a lot of fun. See you there with your race face on!