Viewing on Official App adds to Recently Viewed on Website

2 hours ago, Twinklekitkat said:

Maybe this has always been this way but I just noticed today that if I view a cache on the official app it now displays in my recently viewed cache list on the website.  Is this a new feature?  I don't recall that being the case before.  

New-ish. We added that last fall. :) 

2 hours ago, Twinklekitkat said:

Maybe this has always been this way but I just noticed today that if I view a cache on the official app it now displays in my recently viewed cache list on the website.  Is this a new feature?  I don't recall that being the case before.  

I've noticed this effect. I wondered if this in some cases causes a Visit in the audit log of a PMO cache, but haven't tested that.

Edited by kunarion
On 5/11/2018 at 7:08 PM, Ben H said:

New-ish. We added that last fall. :) 

Thanks Ben H for replying.  I guess I missed that in the release notes and just only noticed it happening.

On 5/11/2018 at 7:09 PM, kunarion said:

I've noticed this effect. I wondered if this in some cases causes a Visit in the audit log of a PMO cache, but haven't tested that.

That was my concern too.  I'm hoping no.  kunarion, I just viewed your 'newest' premium cache through the app.  Am I in the audit log now?

3 minutes ago, Twinklekitkat said:

That was my concern too.  I'm hoping no.  kunarion, I just viewed your 'newest' premium cache through the app.  Am I in the audit log now?

"Boxzilla"?  There are no "views" since May 8th, except for mine just now.  I checked the other two, about the same.  You're not in any of those lists.

I like having the "Recently Viewed Caches" show up on the web site when I "viewed" them in the App.  That's pretty handy.  I guess it doesn't hit the audit log.  I still see no change after your test.

The "audit log" doesn't do a lot for me as a cache owner.  But it has kept me from excessively checking others' cache pages for changes, looking for the latest clues. :cute:

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, kunarion said:

"Boxzilla"?  There are no "views" since May 8th, except for mine just now.  I checked the other two, about the same.  You're not in any of those lists.

I like having the "Recently Viewed Caches" show up on the web site when I "viewed" them in the App.  That's pretty handy.  I guess it doesn't hit the audit log.  I still see no change after your test.

The "audit log" doesn't do a lot for me as a cache owner.  But it has kept me from excessively checking others' cache pages for changes, looking for the latest clues. :cute:

Thanks for that.   :)  

Though I do like to keep track that way as well (someone searching singly for caches, it's a godsend), I too was a bit bothered that the audit may now show someone viewing from a phone, "recently viewed" causing some concern. 

Problem (for me) is when I look at "recently viewed" I'm always home, and assume I can click on those caches from the website. 

I'll just have to keep better track of PMO hides on recently viewed,   something that wasn't an issue at all earlier... 

57 minutes ago, kunarion said:

Yes it was Boxilla so good to know it doesn't show up.  I concur with your thoughts on the audit log. 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, cerberus1 said:

Problem (for me) is when I look at "recently viewed" I'm always home, and assume I can click on those caches from the website. 

I'll just have to keep better track of PMO hides on recently viewed,   something that wasn't an issue at all earlier... 

The new dashboard page displays whether a recently viewed cache is Premium or not. Not sure how long the old dashboard page will remain available, so might be worth switching over, at least once in a while.