New Look Geocaching.com pages

WallieDawg

Hi all

Am I just nuts(retorical question) but how do you get the caches you have already found and your own caches OFF of the closest to you page.

I like th look it is easy to read, but to have to scroll thru everything to find the new ones is a bit of a pain in the phanny.

Thanks

WallieDawg

quote:
Originally posted by GeoNap:

Weird... just noticed that my cache searches are showing the results in 'kilometers' away now and not 'miles.'

It wasn't like that earlier today... anyone else experiencing this? Can I set that value somewhere?

I noticed this also, there is a link at the bottom of the list that says distances measured in km switch. click on this and it will change to miles.

quote:
Originally posted by WallieDawg:

Hi all

Am I just nuts(retorical question) but how do you get the caches you have already found and your own caches OFF of the closest to you page.

I like th look it is easy to read, but to have to scroll thru everything to find the new ones is a bit of a pain in the phanny.

Thanks

WallieDawg

I was wondering about this too! Glad you asked Walliedog. It works! CachinCin has helped me with a couple things. She is always right on. Thanks Cin!

No Maps!?!?

So much for all of us visual thinkers... I don't know how many times I've headed out to a cache, only to find out there was one just down the road that I missed. (sigh) oh well... I guess I'll just have to do a little more checking until they're back.

"And then Trogdor smote the Kerrek, and all was laid to burnination."

quote:
Originally posted by WallieDawg:

Hi all

Thanks

WallieDawg

When I get a search page(zip code, coordinates etc.), I just type &f=1 at the end of the URL in the IE address window and then hit enter.

The way to get to the state map is via the home page. In the upper right corner (grayed box) select the state and click on "Go". At the top of the new page, It will say "geocaching in (state) [map}" with the [map] as a hypertext link. Click on the [map] for the state map and then use as normal.

I know that the Groundspeak guys have been working hard for months to get these changes implemented. I think it looks great.

Is anyone else having issues with finding yourself not logged in as you go from page to page--especially using the back button? (Sorry if this is being discussed in another forum.)

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Hi Seth!

I haven't had any problems with logging in, but I did read that a couple of people had similar issues with getting logged out. Not sure if there's a fix (check geocaching.com discussion forum), or if you have to contact Jeremy.

By the way, some of the fiddly problems that people have can be solved by deleting the old cookies in your web browser.

I agree -- the new changes, especially after a few tweaks and fixes the first day, are really great!

cin

quote:
Originally posted by Ish-n-Isha:

I tried everything and my cache page has nothing about a filter in the top right hand corner. Does anyone else have this problem?

Two suggestions:

1. You must have home coordinates (not just a city name) set in your profile for the "filter finds" to appear.

2. If that still doesn't work, try deleting cookies from your web browser. Some people have reported that they needed to do this so their browser would reset to the new changes.

Cin

quote:
Originally posted by CachinCin:

Two suggestions:

1. You must have home coordinates (not just a city name) set in your profile for the "filter finds" to appear.

2. If that still doesn't work, try deleting cookies from your web browser. Some people have reported that they needed to do this so their browser would reset to the new changes.

Cin

Thanks Cin! Your a great help! That was it. You would think when they changed stuff they would email you a link on how to work it, especially if its got little quirks like that! Again,,, A great big.. THANK YOU

Ish

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Cachin's a bit sweeter when you've got an Isha!

With the new look on the pages, has anyone figured out a way to 'filter' the temporarily unavailable caches from your 'closest' list?

I can filter my 'finds' but there are some caches that have been temporarily unavailable for a long time that I can't figure out how to filter.

Maybe this can't be done, I'm not sure. If that's the case, hopefully Groundspeak will make it so those are automatically archived after a certain amount of time, or make it so they're filtered.

Thanks for any help.