Capacity of Etrex 10?

Thank you, that's quite a lot more than I expected; certainly enough to keep me going at Blackpool next month!

It also means that I don't need to take my baby Acer PC.

Thanks again, and good hunting, from John, in sunny Staffordshire.

On 5/8/2018 at 11:18 PM, StefandD said:

You mean GGZ? That's not supported by the eTrex 10. The theoretical limit of GGZ is 4,000,000 caches.

The real limitation is the number of waypoints: 1,000. This means an average of only half a waypoint per cache.

It may have been .loc files I was thinking of.

10 hours ago, colleda said:

It may have been .loc files I was thinking of.

I don't know of any Garmin handheld that can directly support a .loc file. Perhaps you're thinking of the .gpx file limit? The eTrex 10 can only read 500 .gpx files, so loading caches one at a time will exhaust this limit before reaching the 2000 geocache limit.

Edited by Mineral2
9 hours ago, Mineral2 said:

I don't know of any Garmin handheld that can directly support a .loc file. Perhaps you're thinking of the .gpx file limit? The eTrex 10 can only read 500 .gpx files, so loading caches one at a time will exhaust this limit before reaching the 2000 geocache limit.

I'm not really au fait with the tech side of GPSrs so I can accept that. From the beginning I've been PM and always load from GSAK. Just from my experience 350 seemed the practical limit and if I wasn't regularly traveling to other countries I may ahve been still using the 10 instead of the 20 I have now. At the moment we are cruising up the Danube and I have 3100 caches loaded on the 20.