Spamming the uncategorized waymarks

Maybe the Wayfroggie can help here. If I were to categorize them into a category I manage, then decline it, could I then delete it to get rid of it? I think maybe I'll give it a try.

Keith

(A coupla minutes later)

Well, the first one is gone, now for the next 4.

(A coupla more minutes later)

They're all gone. :) That was fun. :)

Edited by BK-Hunters
  • Upvote 2

Sure, that was fun, but I have to dissapoint you: you cannot delete an uncategorized waymark. You have only hidden them. The link to "Newest Uncategorized Waymarks" has some special parameter to only display the ones that have never been categorized. When you search for them in a different way, they're all back again.

58 minutes ago, fi67 said:

Sure, that was fun, but I have to [disappoint] you: you cannot delete an uncategorized waymark. You have only hidden them. The link to "Newest Uncategorized Waymarks" has some special parameter to only display the ones that have never been categorized. When you search for them in a different way, they're all back again.

Actually I'm not disappointed at all. I was informed shortly after doing the deleting that I should have made note of the handles of those who posted the spam so I could let Groundspeak know who they were, then they could cancel their accounts.

My first question here is: What other way can one use to make these appear in a search? I sure would like to see them again.

Keith

For me, I seek nearest waymarks (from any waymark).  Next, remove any terms in Near: and then select Uncategorized Waymarks.

It looks like a single spammer for all five waymarks but each faux-waymarker is unique.

Edited by elyob
  • Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, elyob said:

For me, I seek nearest waymarks (from any waymark).  Next, remove any terms in Near: and then select Uncategorized Waymarks.

It looks like a single spammer for all five waymarks but each faux-waymarker is unique.

Thanks Elyob. I'll start a new thread for the Wayfroggie and he can take care of it.

Keith

PS

I noticed they messed up with their coords, putting themselves in China! :D

Curiouser & curiouser - search for nearest WMs, 100 km out, on 39.959305, 75.173814 and you'll see that some of Philadelphia has been moved to China, along with parts of NY and NJ.

Edited by BK-Hunters