Missing Mystery Caches

Athena0803

I have solved a couple of mystery caches and changed the coordinates to the correct ones on the website.  Once I change the coordinates the icon changes from a question mark into a box shaped thingy in blue circle.  Its location also moves to the new (solved) coordinates.  However once I log the find the icon disappears completely.  Is this a bug?

4 minutes ago, Athena0803 said:

I have solved a couple of mystery caches and changed the coordinates to the correct ones on the website.  Once I change the coordinates the icon changes from a question mark into a box shaped thingy in blue circle.  Its location also moves to the new (solved) coordinates.  However once I log the find the icon disappears completely.  Is this a bug?

No, it's a feature. The icon doesn't disappear. Instead, it returns to the bogus posted coordinates.

Some of us have asked for the icon to remain at the solved coordinates after we've logged a Find.

34 minutes ago, Mineral2 said:

It returns because a lot of geoart is made with mystery caches and returning the found icons to the posted coordinates restores the pattern made.

Those that don't want the icon returning to the posted coordinates will argue that if you want to hide a cache, having the icon for the solved coordinates (where the physical container is located) makes it easier to identifier locations where one can or can't hide a cache.  Instead GS chose to cater to a side game.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Those that don't want the icon returning to the posted coordinates will argue that if you want to hide a cache, having the icon for the solved coordinates (where the physical container is located) makes it easier to identifier locations where one can or can't hide a cache.  Instead GS chose to cater to a side game.  

That is certainly true. There is a way around - a Pocket Query that contains your found caches will still place the icon in the location of the solved coordinates, provided you entered the solved coordinates into the website. I use this method when planning caches in town. And if you use a 3rd party program (GSAK, iCaching, etc.), these can also locate caches at the solved coordinates rather than the posted coords.