Can't download offline lists

i'm Premium user (since today) and get : “List download failed. Something went wrong. Please try again”   message each time i try to download offline lists inside mobile app

App version 6.1.0
iOS 11.3.1
Iphone SE

Edited by krky68
8 minutes ago, krky68 said:

i'm Premium user (since today) and get : “List download failed. Something went wrong. Please try again”   message each time i try to download offline lists inside mobile app

App version 6.1.0
iOS 11.3.1
Iphone SE

Same here. 

26 minutes ago, FreesiaMelon said:

This error seems to be showing up again, almost two months later. I'm also a premium member since today, and I would like to be able to have the caches offline. Only difference, is I have the Android version. Maybe another bug?

It seems a little finicky at the moment.  Lists stall while loading on my iPhone 5, and I end up with an gray circle icon icon with a gray "X".  Yet they're loading fine on my Droid phone.

12 hours ago, Sandwich Protectors said:

I've been having the same problem for the past couple of days. Pretty frustrating. Add new caches to list and try to download for offline use only to get the Download failed error message. I'm on Android 8.1.

I'm on Android 7.1.1, but this morning the download seemed to have worked. I'll keep this forum updated if anything happens again.

I seem to have figured out a way to get around the bug:

1. Make sure you have a stable connection

2. Stay in the app on the page where you clicked download

3. DO NOT LET YOUR PHONE FALL ASLEEP

4. Wait until the download finishes before exiting the app

It seemed to work for me, I'm not sure if it will work for iPhones or other Android versions (I'm on 7.1.1). But, it's worth a try ;)

8 hours ago, FreesiaMelon said:

I seem to have figured out a way to get around the bug:

1. Make sure you have a stable connection

2. Stay in the app on the page where you clicked download

3. DO NOT LET YOUR PHONE FALL ASLEEP

4. Wait until the download finishes before exiting the app

It seemed to work for me, I'm not sure if it will work for iPhones or other Android versions (I'm on 7.1.1). But, it's worth a try ;)

That's almost always the way I do it.  If I don't babysit every download (on most any device or App), I'm liable to forget to go back and ensure that it worked.  Programmers design these things so that if it fails, it's a secret. :huh:

When I tried it after your post on Thursday, my iPhone "offline download" stalled during the load, and was sometimes ending up with the "gray X".  Strangely, the Android loaded super fast at that time.

[EDIT]:  This morning, it's hit and miss.  On my Android phone, after 20 minutes, a 655 cache PQ had almost half loaded and two others had not begun, when the phone went to sleep.  On wake, the App had "Stopped" with an error window ("Geocaching has stopped").  I started it again, and it took a long time, and then worked, and two other downloads simply reverted to a state as if I hadn't requested a download.  My iPhone took a very long time for the 655 cache download, the other two had Grey X.  On wake, all three had downloaded, I think (I won't know for sure til I check individual caches).  Then I tried the Droid again and all 3 downloaded.  It's very slooow today.  And pretty frustrating.

Edited by kunarion

You shouldn't have to babysit an Offline List download with a STABLE internet connection.  Their servers must be extremely slow and/or the programming is terrible.  I can download a couple gig of data dozens of times faster than the Offline Lists.  I have suggested to Geocaching in other threads to bring back the capability to ONLY download the geocaching data and not the maps for a quick and dirty download.  This used to be a capability in the old IOS app.  The so called NEW app had be a real downgrade in capability and functionality as far as I am concerned.  

11 hours ago, Vaporizz said:

Nevermind sounds like it is!

I'm not sure if the Offline List download is fixed but I finally had one that completed.  This is after several months of not getting one to complete.  I will update when I download more.  Its too hot to have fun geocaching  here now. 

I've been having this issue in my Android app (Android 8.1). Loads to less than 50% very fast, then hangs and fails after ~15 seconds. 250 item pocket querie, radius of 35 km from a postal code.

Edit: Tried a new query with a more limited radius, the download will get to 60% half the time before failing. Is the problem the trails map data?

Edited by PeterD87
Additional information