Phone app flaw

I have a premium only hide that was logged recently. When looking at the audit log I see no record of this persons visit. Their profile shows last visit and created date to be the same. All finds were logged via phone. Looks like they only use their phone for anything caching related. Why is there a flaw that allows phone app users to avoid leaving a record? What's point in having a audit log if GC allows this flaw?

2 hours ago, rustynails. said:

I have a premium only hide that was logged recently. When looking at the audit log I see no record of this persons visit. Their profile shows last visit and created date to be the same. All finds were logged via phone. Looks like they only use their phone for anything caching related. Why is there a flaw that allows phone app users to avoid leaving a record? What's point in having a audit log if GC allows this flaw?

It's been like that for a long time! You are not alone in thinking it should be changed.

Edited by Max and 99

The audit log  shows users who have viewed your cache on the website. Just like it says on the audit log page:

An audit log is a list of users who have viewed your premium member-only cache on the web site

You can call this a phone app flaw if you want to, but it's always been true that caches be found and logged without appearing on the audit log, since day 1. Download caches from any search page, (PQ , caches nearby etc) load to device, log from GSAK, from "log" page link on map, or any number of other ways.

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

It's been like that for a long time! You are not alone in thinking it should be changed.

I agree.  Surprised that this often intrusive but unreliable function hasn't been removed by now.  PMO caches would still remain with whatever their owners believe they accomplish, minus the annoyance.     :)

15 hours ago, Gabeman26 said:

Yea when I log my visit with my phone it puts another one of my emails not my actual geocaching name or profile. I have to get home and use my PC to log my visits correctly.

Huh?  If you are logged into an app using your geocaching name and log a cache within that app, then your online log should show your geocaching name.  You shouldn't HAVE TO use your PC to log caches correctly.  Are you using the Official App?

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, noncentric said:
22 hours ago, Gabeman26 said:

Yea when I log my visit with my phone it puts another one of my emails not my actual geocaching name or profile. I have to get home and use my PC to log my visits correctly.

Huh?  If you are logged into an app using your geocaching name and log a cache within that app, then your online log should show your geocaching name.  You shouldn't HAVE TO use your PC to log caches correctly.  Are you using the Official App?

The phone app and the website are not always completely in sync - the app sometimes takes a few hours to reflect smilies and stats.  BUT, as long as I am logged into the app with my geocaching name, the logs (or drafts) are correct on my account on my laptop. (The official geocaching.com app).

I'm not sure how it "puts another one of my emails" - do you have more than one account?

23 hours ago, Gabeman26 said:

Do you know Ringbone?

• Upvote 1