Corrected coords (when found) on map

Wandering Islanders

The way that corrected coordinates (for puzzes, multis etc) are displayed on maps is excellent.  But it would be really useful if they could still be displayed once the cache is found.  I realise that not everybody might want this so it would be fine if it were optional, but having the facility would be invaluable when working on caches on a trail, series, etc.

• Upvote 2

I would prefer a toggle too. On the rare occasions when I want to see geoart, I could switch the map to display the posted coordinates. The other 99.999% of the time, I would leave it set to display my corrected coordinates.

• Upvote 2
On 5/1/2018 at 10:04 AM, niraD said:

I would prefer a toggle too. On the rare occasions when I want to see geoart, I could switch the map to display the posted coordinates. The other 99.999% of the time, I would leave it set to display my corrected coordinates.

This is a feature I could definitely use, and it seems it was briefly a part of the app?  You could toggle between corrected and posted and I really liked that.  I can't seem to do that anymore, and it just tripped me up on a cache I tried to publish today - grrrrr! I know, I know, clear the coordinates with the reviewer before you hide the cache and do the write up and submit the page (I know this, I just thought this was going to be just fine!!!)  GRRRRRR!

I would love to be able to see my solved/found puzzles where I found them or solved them to!  The reviewer had to remind me that I'd actually found this puzzle cache that was only XXX feet from my submitted cache.  GRRRR!

I've posted this before, but what I'd like to see is a toggle feature like:

• ON = any cache with corrected coords show at corrected locations (with puzzle icon) - caches without corrected coords show at posted coords
  • OFF = all caches [with or without corrected coords] show at their posted coords, with standard cache icons

I would be happy if this toggle was only on the website map and not in the app, as is the DNF toggle.

4 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

This is a feature I could definitely use, and it seems it was briefly a part of the app?  You could toggle between corrected and posted and I really liked that.

I must've missed when such a feature was available in the app.  Are you referring to the Official app or one of the other ones?

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, noncentric said:
11 hours ago, CAVinoGal said:

This is a feature I could definitely use, and it seems it was briefly a part of the app?  You could toggle between corrected and posted and I really liked that.

I must've missed when such a feature was available in the app.  Are you referring to the Official app or one of the other ones?

It was the official Geocaching app - and it was very brief, I don't even remember when it was - perhaps when the solved coordinates first started showing up with the puzzle piece icon?  It seems I could toggle between posted and corrected - then again, it may have only been prior to finding the cache at the solved coordinates, before it reverted to the posted.

How many times do we need to request this feature before someone at HQ pays attention, or pays attention enough to DO something to implement it?  This issue comes up quite often, and would be really, really, REALLY useful to a lot of us!!

On 5/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, niraD said:

As I've never done any geoart (nor do I intend to), for me it would be 100% of the time that I'd want to see the corrected coordinates on a map (and don't want to pay for a third party application to do so).

This would have been a good survey question for the recent map page survey.  

Edited by NYPaddleCacher
1 hour ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

As I've never done any geoart (nor do I intend to), for me it would be 100% of the time that I'd want to see the corrected coordinates on a map (and don't want to pay for a third party application to do so).

I haven't done any geoart either, but I figure that the next time I'm placing a cache, it might be nice to glance at the posted coordinates of nearby puzzle caches to make sure the icons don't overlap on the map.

• Upvote 1

I only solved my first Geoart puzzles this past year (2018). When completed these displayed at the posted coordinates as was intended to display the art work. Now, with the new map, the completed Geoart is displaying at the corrected coordinates - on Windows with IE and Chrome and Fire Kindle with Silk. Our IOS devices continue to display at the posted coordinates. The toggle option sounds good to me as well, then cache hiders and finders could display according to their own preferences. If someone has already uncovered a solution that achieves this outcome and does not include using additional 3rd party products - please share.

thanks

kribnkrew / Bob

• Surprised 1

On my Android based device with the Groundspeak App after I have loggt the caches the GeoArt ist shown with the registered coordinates and on the web with the calculated / changed coordinates. I prefer a "switch" for registered / changed coordinates. It is not only a feature for GeoArts.

Thanks, Stefan