Official Geocache sticker

321geocache

Hi,

I am planning on hiding a small or regular size cache soon. Since the cache container (a clear plastic container) will be of a good size, I want to affix the "Official Geocache" label to it. At first, I decided to print out a large sized label with "Official Geocache" on it, and use clear tape to attach the label to the container. However, I am concerned that clear tape may not stick to the plastic container well after being exposed to water when it rains. Any suggestions for a reliable way to attach the label to the container would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, 321geocache said:

Hi,

I am planning on hiding a small or regular size cache soon. Since the cache container (a clear plastic container) will be of a good size, I want to affix the "Official Geocache" label to it. At first, I decided to print out a large sized label with "Official Geocache" on it, and use clear tape to attach the label to the container. However, I am concerned that clear tape may not stick to the plastic container well after being exposed to water when it rains. Any suggestions for a reliable way to attach the label to the container would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Stick it on the inside of the container so that the label shows through the lid or the side.

Hi kunarion,

Stick it on the inside of the container so that the label shows through the lid or the side.

The container is not completely transparent. It is translucent, so you will be able to see the contents. However, it's not transparent enough to see specific details clearly, such as letters. The lid is completely opaque.

Thanks for responding!

If the lid is flat, you could laminate the label then glue it to the lid. I bought a cheap laminator from the local office supplies chain and and have used it on some of my caches, particularly the novelty ones or where I needed to label a waypoint object in a multi, for example this one which is affixed to a steel cashbox:

Container.jpg.e5eeb1a6543166108dbf0e00f4d62965.jpg

Edited by barefootjeff

I have seen the sharpie method used a lot, I am a fan of masking off the area and spraying it.  I commented in your micro cache thread with one of my containers I made.  If it is a "Lock and Lock" type make sure you are using the plastic paint.  I add the logo and either name or ID# on the outside and leave the printable instructions inside on top of the log.  Make sure the instructions can be easily removed.  I found one this weekend that I had to use tweezers to get them out, and only pulled it because I was curious as to what was at the bottom.