Log entries have disappeared

abeeku22

Hello,

first, sorry for my english :)

Yesterday i found a lot of caches and logged all in the evening. Im Newbie, but yesterday 31 founds were showen in my profile. 

Today i show at my Profil and only 21 founds were showen. The smilies by the caches are yellow (happy), only my log is disappeared. I don't spoilert any cache. 

What is happend?

Thanks, abeeku22

1 hour ago, CAVinoGal said:

Looking at your profile shows 45 Finds as of today; there are 14 found *today*, leaving 31 prior to today.  There were several logged 2 days ago, bringing your total to 31.

Looking at one of their logs from the 28th, they said:

2. Log, da mein ursprünglicher Log nicht gespeichert wurde

...which Google translates to:

2. Log because my original log was not saved

...so I think they already re-logged the missing ones.

Hi there!

I have the same issue occasionally, just had it again today. I found two caches, saved them as drafts ('Entwürfe') with the app on my smartphone. Later at home I finally logged them. I saw in my profile that the log count was increased. Then I looked up my profile by web browser on my tablet, log count goes down again, on the tablet as well as on the smartphone. Although with the app, I see one of them still marked as found (with a smiley) on the map.

The cache with the problem still visible is GC7B7X6. I logged GC2YAZP again.

Edited by bliss-chris

It happened again yesterday evening with GCM00Z. Found the cache, saved the draft log on my cell phone with the official app 7.10.1, Android 8.0.0 and  logged it an hour later. I saw the find in my profile. Then I checked on the geocaching homepage. The log didn't show, refreshing didn't help. Logged out and in again on my cell phone, checked again on my cell phone and the find was gone. I relogged the cache on the website and saw the find on my cell phone.

I'm starting to wonder if (or how many) finds I've lost due to not checking back. Am I doing something wrong? :lostsignal:

I just had a similar problem.  I logged a draft field note for a cache intending to finish logging it when I came home to my computer.  I logged the find at home on my computer, but instead of showing the cache on the map with a smiley, it has an exclamation point on the cache.  My smiley appears when I open the actual cache, but not on the map.  Now I can't find the draft note anywhere, either on my computer or on the app on my phone.  Weird!  

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, DarMacB said:

I logged the find at home on my computer, but instead of showing the cache on the map with a smiley, it has an exclamation point on the cache.

Can you clarify which "the map" you're looking at that has the exclamation point? Is it the one on the website, or one in an app? I've never seen such a symbol on the website's maps, so I'm guessing it's in an app.

5 hours ago, The A-Team said:

Can you clarify which "the map" you're looking at that has the exclamation point? Is it the one on the website, or one in an app? I've never seen such a symbol on the website's maps, so I'm guessing it's in an app.

Well, I can answer my own question.

I was just logging some finds from field notes drafts, and when I popped over to the new Search map to look at something*, I discovered a bunch of caches depicted by a blue exclamation point icon. I haven't seen an explanation anywhere, but I believe these are caches for which you have a pending field note draft.

While this draft icon isn't a bad idea, its implementation isn't the greatest. Its use in the list on the side works well, where it's used as an added "badge" on the cache type icon. However, on the map itself, the entire icon is replaced by the exclamation point, so the cache type isn't visible at all. This is less than ideal and suffers the same problems as we've collectively described in the past with the DNF icon. The icon should be used similarly in both places, with the draft icon being added to the cache type icon, not replacing it.

*well, I was headed for the Browse map, but had to go through the Search map to get there...

• Upvote 1

The A-Team, you're right. The exclamation point is the draft log from the app displayed in the map of the app. I think it's a nice feature and I don't mind the exclamation point replacing the usual cache icon, because it displays your log of the cache just as the smiley does, but it's a preliminary state. I haven't used DNF on a cache yet, so I don't know what it looks like on the map.