image pasting to new cache submission

Pere Rabbit

I'm making a new hide and want to dress up the cache page before it is submitted.  I used to be able to add images to the gallery and take the URL from them to paste as a background image.  Can't anymore.  Did HQ redesign the submission page?  How do I now upload my image file from my computer (to the cache page) and get the url?

The link that was formerly in the Admin Tools section of the cache page has been moved to the Editing Cache page (down between the cache description and cache hint text boxes). It still works the same way; the image is uploaded to the cache page, there's a link to it on the cache page in the same place it's always been in, and it shows up in the cache gallery but not in your image gallery.

• Upvote 1

It looks like the Gallery is now hidden within the Profile.  Am I right that the option to Edit and download images in older archived caches has been removed?  This is where I previously have uploaded photos to use for backgrounds, etc., since Photobucket changed their rules.

Edited by Play Cache
1 hour ago, Play Cache said:

It looks like the Gallery is now hidden within the Profile.  Am I right that the option to Edit and download images in older archived caches has been removed?  This is where I previously have uploaded photos to use for backgrounds, etc., since Photobucket changed their rules.

It can still be done.

Convert your GCcode of your archived cache to the corresponding ID number.

Add the ID number to the end of this URL and go to that page:  https://www.geocaching.com/seek/upload.aspx?id=

Upload images to your archived cache to your heart's content.

• Helpful 1