Physical or Virtual?

Korichnovui

For a mystery cache, I wanted to have a couple of stages where the player had to visit the spot physically and find a hidden container to receive information on what to do next. It would be like a cache, really, except no log book. Would such containers be subject to the 0.1 mile saturation rule?

What about objects created by myself that are not a container, but give a numerical clue? The player would have to find the object that was created and hidden by me, and simply observing the object would give them numerical information. Are these objects subject to the 0.1 mile saturation rule?

5 minutes ago, Korichnovui said:

Would such containers be subject to the 0.1 mile saturation rule?

Yes... and also anything you add to the environment. But you can use a date (or any other inscription) already existent in a monument by instance, instead.

Edited by RuideAlmeida
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Korichnovui said:

For a mystery cache, I wanted to have a couple of stages where the player had to visit the spot physically and find a hidden container to receive information on what to do next. It would be like a cache, really, except no log book. Would such containers be subject to the 0.1 mile saturation rule?

What about objects created by myself that are not a container, but give a numerical clue? The player would have to find the object that was created and hidden by me, and simply observing the object would give them numerical information. Are these objects subject to the 0.1 mile saturation rule?

Both of the things you described here are physical objects that you placed there, and are therefore both subject to the saturation guideline. A virtual stage using preexisting objects (like info on a sign, counting the windows in a building, etc.) would not be subject to the guideline.

An exception to this is firetacks for night caches. Despite their being a physical object placed by the CO, these are exempted from the saturation guideline. I'm not sure, but a wireless beacon like a Garmin Chirp may also be exempted.

Thanks for clear replies

another question:

In scouting out some areas for my puzzle cache, I did a multi-cache. I noticed that the multi-cache doesn’t appear to take up any space on the saturation map, despite having 2 physical locations. Neither of those shows on the saturation map! How does that work?

36 minutes ago, Korichnovui said:

Thanks for clear replies

another question:

In scouting out some areas for my puzzle cache, I did a multi-cache. I noticed that the multi-cache doesn’t appear to take up any space on the saturation map, despite having 2 physical locations. Neither of those shows on the saturation map! How does that work?

Hidden waypoints of multis and puzzles aren't shown on the saturation map, otherwise, well, they wouldn't be hidden anymore.

• Upvote 2