Pocket queries not gpx

Run Amok

I regularly use pocket queries when on vacation to get caches along a route. For some reason today, the files are not coming in gpx format and won't load into GSAK. I'm attaching what I got instead. - well, I guess not... it doesn't allow the file type either...ugh. The file name is 20811857_lewistontoKathy&#39 (which is abnormal) and the file type just says "file". 

5ae2226dcc9d5_filedetails.thumb.PNG.2616810d54b0fbc7ec2b202a22a54f02.PNG

On 4/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, Run Amok said:

Never mind - I had an apostrophe in the name of the query. That appears to have caused it because it works fine once removed. 

I've seen this.  Special characters can mess up a PQ file name if you opt to include the PQ name in the file name.

If you want to keep special characters in the PQ name, you have the option to remove the PQ name and just get the ZIP file by the PQ # (e.g., 9999999.zip instead of 9999999_Cache_Run_1.zip

I'm glad this thread popped up, as we use a / in our public bookmark list for airport/layover caches, and it never occurred to me that this might create an issue for downloading PQs.  I've changed the name to Airport and Layover Caches so this won't cause issues.  So, thanks!