Premium Membership - forced to more expensive payments in EUR

TheVoytekBear

Hi,

I'm getting a multicurrency debit card (no commission regardless of the currency used)  and I thought it'd be great to trimm the GC premium cost a little bit. I wanted to switch the Payment method from EUR to USD, as they are both 29.90 and the dollar is about20% cheaper. I'm located in Poland so EUR is NOT my country's currency. I was dissapointed to discover that I can't do that.

Why does geocaching.com force me to use the more expensive of the foreign currencies available? I know the nominal difference isn't that big, but still it's about principles.

P.S. This is how Project-GC handles this subject (SEK is the cheapest right now):

projectGCPayment.PNG.39b7195584cdfbc2b6bcb6593be2d526.PNG

The VAT thing is strange here as well. In which country is it paid? Is it even required? I mean, if I even buy physical merchandise from outside EU I'm not charged with and taxes if it's below 42 EUR (Amazon.com does it automatically but they really wouldn't have to for cheaper purchases). I'd understand if you charged extra for conversion from EUR to USD, but then again, there should be a choice...

7 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

Thank you for this feedback. I've passed it along to correct team. At this time, we don't offer options such as these, but have been reviewing different payment currencies for the future. One thing to keep in mind is that pricing in most European countries includes VAT. 

OK then, what's GS' VAT number? You know people can reclaim VAT if they have a business here in Europe right? GS refuses to publish their VAT number while all other companies just put it on their invoices.

Besides, VAT is a tax, so GS should charge as PMprice + VAT and not as "it's included".

• Upvote 2