Multi cache

mumvkids3

5 minutes ago, mumvkids3 said:

What is a multi cache and do you have to do them all at once

A Traditional cache have the container in the published coords, while a Multi (among others) have stages that led you to the coords where the container is hidden. You may take your time between stages... and you just need to sign the logbook in the last stage.

Edited by RuideAlmeida

It's the same as a traditional BUT... the cache is not at the posted coordinates. You start at the posted coordinates and there you will have to find information to get to the cachecontainer or to another point where information has to be found..... Some multi's have just one such point others have 10, 15.... or as many as can be.

18 minutes ago, NYPaddleCacher said:

Although it's possible to do the Bridges and Arches of Central Park multi in one go the CO recommends on the cache page to break up the 30 something locations into chunks.  Most of the logs indicate taking two or more days to complete the cache.  

Yup.  That one took us four days over two months to complete.  Wow!  Over ten years ago!  #23 and 24 to finish.  

Hey there. I am very new to this and tried my first multi cache. I found the first one, I solved the riddle and entered the coordinates for the second placement, but it doesn´t show on my app like another cache. Is it so with multicaches, that you do not see the different stages on the map, but only the first one? I am working with my smart phone. Maybe I need an GPS device? 

Can anybody help me?

2 minutes ago, susix1029 said:

Hey there. I am very new to this and tried my first multi cache. I found the first one, I solved the riddle and entered the coordinates for the second placement, but it doesn´t show on my app like another cache. Is it so with multicaches, that you do not see the different stages on the map, but only the first one? I am working with my smart phone. Maybe I need an GPS device? 

Can anybody help me?

With the app, if you're simply changing coordinates in the field,  this might help.

11 minutes ago, susix1029 said:

Can anybody help me?

While reviewing the details of the multi in the app, scroll down to the section called Waypoints. There you can hit the plus sign by "My coordinates," and type in the new coordinates. It will then show your new stage on the map and lead you there.