Host an Event

chaosinmotion

I recently wanted to host an event and I went to the Play/Hide a geocache page but couldn't find how to host an event. Some time went by, and I looked in the help center and found a link to "create your cache page" which then took me to the "create an event" page.  But, the deadline for submitting the event had passed and so I didn't do it. I was wondering if there is a way to either add events to the "hide a cache" option or to add "create an event" to the drop down list under the "Play" tab or even "create an event" under the Community tab "events" page  . I feel like I had to look way to much to find it. Also, even the wording "create your cache page" is misleading when it's then referred to as "create an event" (in the help center).

hide a cache.jpg

create your cache.jpg

I'll repeat what Touchstone said in slightly different words, go to https://www.geocaching.com/play/hide  and  scroll down  - you'll see the event cache module that he illustrates in his post.   Because of date restrictions and events being D1, hence no Difficulty module on the form,  the cache type forms are separated before birth ;-)

I'm sorry you weren't able to host the event you'd been planning. I encourage you to do it in the future! 

Edited by Isonzo Karst
speeling & graamer
  • Upvote 1

I admit that when the initial hide a cache page was updated to its current form, I couldn't find where to create an event either. The first part of the page, all about hiding a physical cache, takes up the screen height perfectly to obscure the event part. So I also agree that the format of the page needs to be adjusted to make the event creation easier to find.

• Upvote 1