Multi cache stages?

Hi,

Is it possible for me to hide a stage of a multi cache within 528ft of another geocache? There's a really interesting place I'd like to hide a stage of a multi cache in, but I'm wondering if it's okay to hide it there because it's within 0.1 miles of another cache. This would most likely not be the first stage of the multi cache. Probably the 2nd or final stage.

Thanks.

55 minutes ago, 321geocache said:

Is it possible for me to hide a stage of a multi cache within 528ft of another geocache? There's a really interesting place I'd like to hide a stage of a multi cache in, but I'm wondering if it's okay to hide it there because it's within 0.1 miles of another cache. This would most likely not be the first stage of the multi cache. Probably the 2nd or final stage.

The saturation guidelines apply to all physical stages. The Help Center article Waypoints and stages explains:

Physical stages

A physical stage is a waypoint where the cache owner has placed an item, such as a container or a tag. A physical stage must be at least 528 feet (161 meters) away from the physical stages of other geocaches.

Virtual stages

A virtual stage is a waypoint where the cache owner has not placed an item. Geocachers gather information at virtual stages to help them find or complete the cache. A virtual stage can be within 528 feet (161 meters) of other geocaches.

• Upvote 2

Just to clarify what niraD stated, you can't hide a physical stage but you can include a virtual.  That would be something like finding a date on an information sign and using a number from that to point to the next stage of the cache.  If it's an interesting place to take people then it might be worth thinking about doing it that way.  Multis can contain a mix of physical and virtual stages.