Samsung Galaxy

cptnmrvl & crew

I'm not new to geocaching, but I am new to Wherigo.  I've installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy s8 Active and created an account.  When I try to download a cartridge, I keep getting a download error.  Is there anyone out there successfully using a Samsung phone.  Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?  I've attached a screenshot of the error I'm getting.

20180417_194225.jpg

Did you set the Wherigo folder in your app settings? 

According to Google Play: "Make sure you granted the application permission to write to external storage and you have write permission in selected directory. Some newer devices don't allow writing to SD card. If you're not sure, set "Wherigo folder" automatically."

I've been suggesting to Android owners to go into the WhereYouGo app and set the folder it monitors for cartridges to your phone's downloads folder.  Then go on your phone's browser to Wherigo.com and download the cartridge.  It'll be downloaded automatically to the downloads folder, so when you go back into WhereYouGo, it'll pick it right up.

In my experience, it is often the case that your account has not been set (correctly) in the app. So you need to go to settings in WhereYouGo. Go to Login Credentials and enter your credentials there. Once that's done, just go 'back' (there's no 'confirm' or 'save' button). Try to download the cartridge again and see if this helps.

The other solutions should work too, although I know there are some reports where the app doesn't work well if your Wherigo folder is on "external" storage.

Cross posted, ignore the other post please. I am having the same issue, only on an s5. Im starting to think maybe its not possible on this old phone? Ive tried everything in the above 3 posts with no luck. Only thing I could add is that I am unable to find the "Wherigo folder" in my phone to see if it set up or not.

Screenshot_2018-05-08-09-12-16.png

On 5/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, Ranger Fox said:

A duplicate topic is here@xr-nut, can you please stick to one of these topics?  Having duplicate topics may confuse people about where to look for help.  It's your choice which to reply to.  I trust @Tungstène will be of great help to you.

This isn't a moderator warning or anything like that.  As a community member, I'm just trying to suggest keeping things organized.

You got it. My first inclination looking around this part of the forum was that maybe it wouldnt get seen at all.  Most of the recent posts are years old, making it look like a dead forum. When I saw the screen grab at the top, I thought it would be a perfect spot to post my question since I was getting the same one. Turns out the replies from Tungstene in both threads were helpful and the problem is solved. If I could delete the offending post, I would. Maybe a mod could step in?

For any others having this issue, see the duplicate topic mentioned above. It has the info to make it work.