Geocaching Website view and save?

Off2Geo

This may have been asked before... If you are on Geocaching.com and looking at the Geocaching Maps view hunting for a group of caches in an area you will be, with the group of caches in view on screen, is there a way to save to a "List" or "Save As Pocket Query" what you see on the screen only or do you have to use one of the caches as a reference point and create a list or query within a certain radius?

THANKS AHEAD FOR YOUR HELP and INPUT!

screen_capt.JPG

On the website map, you can click on the "Save As Pocket Query" link to the left, under all the cache icons in the image you posted.

I'll also add that if you use the Geocaching app, then you can do similar to create, or add caches to, a list.  For example, if you are viewing caches on the app's map, then you can add all the caches on the screen to a Bookmark List, then pan the map to another area and add all the caches in that view to the same List - or a new List.

Edited by noncentric
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Off2Geo said:

noncentric... Thank You! ...I thought you might be able to use that "Save As Pocket Query" link, just was not sure.

As long as you're a Premium Member.  However, I should mention that I've used that before and it seems to simply create a radius around the center-point of the map view, so some caches that you see on the rectangular computer screen might be missed by the PQ.  Definitely test the PQ results before heading out, in case you don't want to miss some on the edges of the screen.

• Upvote 1