Unable to Upload Cartridges

Forest-Ghost

I see and was able to reproduce this issue both on uploading a new cartridge and a new version to an existing cartridge.

I have sent an email to one of the Groundspeak email addresses.  I have also included steps to reproduce in case the person handling the support issue isn't familiar with the site.  If I receive a reply, I will mention that here.  Even if not, I'll check throughout the day to see if the issue is resolved.

• Upvote 1

Okay.  I've heard from Groundspeak.

According to Groundspeak, uploads to Wherigo.com were disabled on April 12th due to some maintenance Groundspeak was doing.  The reviewers were notified.  As far as I can tell, the moderators weren't notified, and I certainly wasn't.  After posting this to notify the community, I think I'll mention it to the moderators.

I was not given an ETA for resolution in this matter.  If I'm notified of such a matter, I'll pass it on.

• Upvote 1

The engineers are actively working on it. They have completed part of the work, but still have some remaining maintenance to do. We apologize  for the delay. We know that uploading Wherigo cartridges is important to the community. We will bring it back as soon as possible. But it’s still a few days out. 

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, Frau Potter said:

The engineers are actively working on it. They have completed part of the work, but still have some remaining maintenance to do. We apologize  for the delay. We know that uploading Wherigo cartridges is important to the community. We will bring it back as soon as possible. But it’s still a few days out. 

Thanks for the reply.  What's the best way to keep up with the progress?

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, Frau Potter said:

In the future, please remember that planned outages need to be communicated to anyone who might be affected. In the case of the current outage, it doesn't sound like anyone outside of HQ was notified, even the Wherigo forum mod. It also seems odd that no notice has been posted anywhere on the Wherigo site, even after it became clear that members were being affected and weren't aware of the planned outage. If folks had known that an outage was planned, they might have been able to get their cartridges uploaded before that feature was taken offline, especially if the expected duration of the outage was unknown.

• Upvote 5