Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
rockstar_not

Unable to log caches on website, all browsers

4 posts in this topic

I can no longer log caches after logging in.  Groundspeak tech support suggested logging off and clearing cookies, trying different browser.

I have done this on IE, Firefox and Chrome.  Still same issue.

'Go' button on site is dim, clicking on it, gives no action after entering cache ID.

Anyone else, and what finally solved it?

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? On a Cache page is "Log Geocache" button. Is that not active or can you click that? If you can, that opens the log page. At the bottom of a log page is "Post". Is the Post button not enabled?

Or are on your on the main geocaching.com page and entering the GC code and clicking on the magnifying lense icon?

====   EDIT - Below will be follow-up once the above receives clarification ====

I would suggest trying the following:
In Chrome, open a new incognito window. You will need to log in to your account before you can post. Does the page react different in an incognito window? 

Are you on Windows, a Mac or something else?

Do you have a smartphone like an iPhone or Android? If you open the web page in your browser, can you log thru the phone via their web page?

Edited by Team DEMP

47 minutes ago, rockstar_not said:

'Go' button on site is dim, clicking on it, gives no action after entering cache ID.

Where are you seeing a "Go" button?

3 hours ago, noncentric said:

Where are you seeing a "Go" button?

Next to the search for geocache bar.

Having said that, I realized the error of my ways - I was trying to log two different vehicle travelbugs as geocaches (It's been over a year since I recorded a find I believe).

So, nothing to see here, other than an idiot.