File size for upload to cache page or travel bug?

What are the maximum pixel dimensions for an uploaded photo to a cache page or a travel bug page?    Most cameras take quite large pictures these days and I'd rather properly re-size them before upload for the best quality display, rather than allowing the system to mangle them.

If you meant to a log, 640 wide, possibly a very large number high.

They used to accept 800 wide and show the full 800 in the popup, but no longer.  640 max for the popup, sigh.  (It kills me to shrink some beautiful scenes down to 640...)

On a cache page (embedded in the HTML), 670 pixels wide.  More than that, you get the magnifier.

On 4/16/2018 at 4:25 AM, Viajero Perdido said:

If you meant to a log, 640 wide, possibly a very large number high.

They used to accept 800 wide and show the full 800 in the popup, but no longer.  640 max for the popup, sigh.  (It kills me to shrink some beautiful scenes down to 640...)

On a cache page (embedded in the HTML), 670 pixels wide.  More than that, you get the magnifier.

Log photos are reduced for the pop-up, but if you click on the View Log link then click on the thumbnail of the image, you get the original full resolution image.