Error message when downloading Wherigo cartridges to iPhone

HHHP20

Hi,

For the last couple of months whenever I try to download any Wherigo cartridge to my iPhone I get the error message "An Error Has Occurred. Your request has resulted in an error. Please return to the site's home page to continue." I then click on the link for the site's home page and the same error message appears. I have checked with other people and it doesn't appear to be happening to anyone else. The only way I can download a Wherigo cartridge at present is to download it to my laptop, email it to myself, download to my iPhone then open in the Wherigo app. That works, but it's rather long winded. The same happens irrespective of whether I'm connected to wifi or downloading via 4G. Does anyone know what could be happening? Does the website just not like me or something?

HHHP20 a.k.a. Graham

Have you tried deleting the app from your phone and re-downloading the app? I'm not sure if you might also lose anything you've previously done in the app, so be aware of taking this step. 

The flow I normally take is

1. launch the app and click the "Share" icon in the top right.
  2. On the displayed menu I select Download Cartridge from Wherigo.com.
  3. On the subsequent displayed web page, I log in (if I'm not showing as logged in).
  4. I do a search which shows the available caches.
  5. I tap into one and select Download.
  6. Another page opens and I select Pocket PC Device though I'm not sure this matters.
  7. When I click Download Now, I get a pop-up that shows the download takes place followed by the pop-up showing Downloaded Cartridge. 

Are those the steps that you are following?

Those are the steps if I’m searching for the cartridge from the app, and that works fine. The problem is happening when clicking a link to a cartridge via the geocaching website. Or via an app that has downloaded data from the geocaching website such as cachly or the official app.