statistic: wrong number at distance to finds

bilancia

Hi,

actually I've found 847 caches: 482 tradis, 179 unknown, 148 multi, 16 event, 10 earth, 5 letterbox, 3 Wherigo, 2 CITO, 2 virtual caches

In my statistics at "Distance to Finds" are only 846 caches:

<  1 km: 28; 1km  to 10 km: 567; 10 km to 25 km: 170; 25 km to 50 km: 42; 50 km to 100 km: 10; 100 km to 250 km: 16; 250 km to 500 km: 12; 500 km to 1000 km: 1

I believe that GCGY2Z Hokjesgeest (Virtual Cache) is missing in the statistics. I got it on 31st of March, 2018 and it should be included in "500 km to 1000 km". Is there any new rule that virtuals don't count? fyi: The one cache showing in the statistic "500 km to 1000 km" is GC3B5QW - Felsengarten.

Thx for your help.

kind regards, bilancia (Andrea)

Edited by bilancia

That IS odd.  Your distance-to-finds stats grid shows only 846 caches, but you have 847, and you don't have any duplicate finds.

So, of course, I felt compelled to check my own grid.  The total in my distance-to-finds grid is correct, and I have several Virtual cache finds, so I don't think the Virtual cache type itself is a problem.  If so, then your grid would be showing 845, since you have 2 Virtual cache finds.

Did you change your home location since you first posted here?  I ask because your counts are different than what you posted above.

Your maps and elevation charts in Project-GC are also missing a cache, so my guess is that 1 cache you've found does not have a valid location.  Not sure how that happens.  Maybe do a search for all your finds, like THIS, and then click on the "Distance" column name to sort the caches and see if one doesn't have info there. You may need to click the column name a second time to get it to sort the other direction.

11 hours ago, The Snowdog said:

So, regarding GCGY2Z: I've read the (machine translated) web page and it almost looks like you pick your own location and log this virtual. But that is clearly crazy. Might some one explain that one to me?

If you click the UK flag near the top of the cache description, there's an English version.  But yeah, it does pretty much look just like that.

I don't know how this would differ (or not) from the many archived caches on moun10bike's list, such as, say, YOSM.  Suffice it to say that clearly Groundspeak is aware of GCGY2Z and has allowed its continued existence.  Anything beyond that, I have to give the military intelligence salute:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯