Garmin eTrex - Low Memory after Factory Reset?

Around the end of last year, I bought a Mac Mini for a new desktop, switching from Windows.  I knew there would be some roughness switching over when it came to uploading my PQs to my Garmin eTrex 10... but nothing like I've been dealing with.  I'm not sure if I did something wrong on the first try to upload to the device, but I've been having "low memory" issues since I first uploaded using the Mac.  I was able to use it for my first run of 2018, although the device would not record if I found the cache or not saying that there was low memory issues.  Since then, I have been unable to upload anything to the device no matter how much I try.  It finally got to the point where I went ahead and just did a factory reset to clear everything out... but after I did that, not even 30 seconds after I turned the device back on, I got a "low memory" message again!  I turned back on my Windows laptop and used my old software and such, but still had the same issues.  I've looked in the folder of the device and I don't see anything that could be causing this.  Does anybody know what is causing this and what I can do to resolve it so I can use my device for geocaching again?