Wherigo.com site upload not working

DrPflug

Thanks to those of you who have reported that it works, and to those of you who have written into the Help Center with details of your error. What is most helpful is if you can provide a copy of the code that you have written (either as an attachment or text in the email). That way, we can troubleshoot better.

Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve the remaining issues with the uploader (and the new issues with the downloader as well).

Cindy / Frau Potter 

• Upvote 1

As far as not being able to download a cartridge, it's easy, Go to the downloadpage of a Wherigo, click download, et voila... error

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> You are attempting to upload an invalid GWZ file. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

And that's to DOWNLOAD a cartridge not UPLOAD.

I am having the same problem as on4bam. I kept getting a download error when trying with WhereYouGo app on an android tablet, then I tried another device, then downloading via chrome on the android device. Finally I tried on my desktop, all with no success. Then I came across this forum. Despite trying to DOWNLOAD a cartridge it's coming up with an UPLOAD error just like et2728 screenshot.

Edited by Tommi_
missing words and spelling

I have tried to upload all of my cartridges which are compiled with urwigo.  I get the same error message.  When I try to download my existing cartridges, I also get an error:

This is the error I get:

Error During Upload

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> You are attempting to upload an invalid GWZ file. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) at Wherigo.GSPCartridgeService.CartridgeService.GetCompiledCartridgeWithMetaData(GWZMetaData gwzMetaData, String CartridgeFileName, String CartridgeId, Int64 PlayerId, String PlayerName, DeviceType deviceType, String CompletionCode) at cartridge_download.btnDownload_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Here is an example of cartridge that I cannot download anymore:

http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=b471bda5-314c-460f-a869-be2d1dcda541

Thanks for the help.

SoaringEagle

Like many others, I've been trying to download a Wherigo for the past three days, which should be the basis for a three-day bike tour. 
Can I now write off my booked accommodation and the tour because of the "maintenance" of the Wherigo sites? 
I know about the need for maintenance. But meanwhile, they are already over 2 weeks and not a word except in this forum, which I just happened to find ...

UBIQUE

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, ubique said:

Like many others, I've been trying to download a Wherigo for the past three days, which should be the basis for a three-day bike tour. 
Can I now write off my booked accommodation and the tour because of the "maintenance" of the Wherigo sites? 

I know about the need for maintenance. But meanwhile, they are already over 2 weeks and not a word except in this forum, which I just happened to find ...

UBIQUE

If this doesn't get sorted in the next week I shall be in a similar situation, with a trip away booked and paid for and wherigos planned to do ...

Apart from complaining mightily on here, and wondering why wherigos "can't" be published unless they are hosted on the official page , when I suspect the more accurate word is "won't" , I have a few ideas about what I shall do.

First, if I still can't download from the official site, I will look and see if the author had the good sense to also publish it on Wherigo foundation .

Second, if that doesn't work,  I will contact the author and ask if they can e-mail me the file, I suspect that (like me) most folk who went to the trouble of building a cartridge will have kept a local copy as a back up.

Third (and rather more of a long shot) if neither of those work and the C.O. is unresponsive, I'll post a note on the cache page and contact the most recent finders , someone somewhere probably has the cartridge downloaded ready to use .

We shouldn't have to do  any of those things of course, but I woulldn't be at all surprised if we did.

Today the engineers made further changes to the functions to upload and download Wherigo cartridges. We believe that all downloads should now be possible again. But there may still be challenges with uploading certain new cartridges. Please try either downloading or uploading your cartridge again. If users continue to have problems, please have them send a copy of their code as an attachment through our Help Center.

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, SoaringEagle said:

Here is an example of cartridge that I cannot download anymore:

http://www.Wherigo.com/cartridge/details.aspx?CGUID=b471bda5-314c-460f-a869-be2d1dcda541

Whatever this particular problem is, it doesn't seem to be related to the cartridge itself. I was able to download this one with no problems. I used two different browsers (Chromium &  Firefox) on two different computers, and downloaded it for all 4 different platforms.

Now, I don't use the Wherigo site very much, and didn't have any cookies, cached data, or data storage from before the recent change. Could that be what the problem is? Something hanging around on users computers from before the change? Since I didn't have any of that, it would explain why I was able to download the same cartridge that's been giving others fits.

The HQ engineers have made additional changes to the Wherigo uploader today. We believe this will make it possible to upload most of the remaining cartridges. Please try to upload your cartridge again, and let us know if you continue to have trouble.  If you continue to have problems, please send a copy of the code as an attachment through our Help Center.

We appreciate your patience as we work on getting the Wherigo uploader back into full service.

• Upvote 1
On 4/16/2018 at 11:02 AM, mc3cats said:

. . . The problem with Wherigos when they came out was the limitations of the players available for them. Pocket PC or Garmin Oregon and Montanas. Thats really about it. . . . 

Are you sure about the Montana?  I have a Montana 600 and I don't think Wherigos work on it.  For sure I haven't found out how to.

10 minutes ago, NanCycle said:

Are you sure about the Montana?  I have a Montana 600 and I don't think Wherigos work on it.  For sure I haven't found out how to.

The Montana doesn't have Wherigo functionality. However, the Monterra (what was Garmin thinking with that similar naming?!) can run Android apps and can therefore run a Wherigo app.