no number trackable

Jayeffel

I retrieved a trackable from a cache not near my home; when I did get home  I found  there is no number to identify or record a find, visit, or drop of the trackable. It is a globe on a keychain with info about trackable with the package. How should I handle this? The part with the number on it may be in the cache yet,  got separated somehow. I sent a message to the CO a while ago with no response.

It is a small globe 1 5/8 " wide, not around, on a keychain with a tag attached. The Tag has printed on it "This is no ordinary geocaching trading item! Worldly Traveler is a Travel  If you are willing g to log your part of this Trackable's journey and plc=axe Bug Dog Tag Travel Bug, traveling from geocache to geocache on a very specific mission. If you do not intend to log your visit on the Geocache.com web site, please DO NotT TAKE TIS ITEM. It travels and its progress requires you to log that is being taken from this geocache. You will also need to log when you place it in another geocache. It's Easy! If you are willing to log your part of this Trackable's journey and place it in another geocache as soon as possible (after you log your find) grab it from the cache. MY CURRENT GOAL: Worldly Traveler wants to keep traveling around the globe. Please put miles on him, even if it is only 600 feet or 600 miles, it doesn't matter" This may be a CO made tag, laminated.  There is a picture of the original tag (which states on it do not remove) printed on the tag at hand. barely big enough to read and I can see no number on it. It was probably on the reverse of the tag. Maybe there is nothing I can do now-- cannot enter a number as grabbed or dropped. I doubt if the CO would have that info, but can try that route. Thanks for responses.

19 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I doubt if the CO would have that info, but can try that route. Thanks for responses.

The TB owner WILL have that information, but not the CO. Maybe the person who put it in the cache might be able to help you? I'd backtrack and ask.

Edited by Max and 99

I found the cache 11/24/17, I sent a message to the CO in January asking merely if they could check the cache to see if the proper tag had been seperated. no response received.

I went to the cache (GC5C6YN) website and looked at the trackable files, with current and former, and nothing with that name or description showed up. Apparently whoever places it put it in without the proper number. I guess I have a bit of swag to place somewhere now.

9 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

I had sent messages to all who recorded they dropped a trackable in this cache in January, no answer form a few, not there r trackable form a few. I just sent a message to one I missed.  

It sounds like you've done everything you could. Sorry you had to go thru that hassle to try and determine the tracking number!

36 minutes ago, Jayeffel said:

None of those owner names look familiar from the activity logs of the cache. I think the owner on the list you provide is the current owner, not the originator of the trackable, may be wrong.

The "Owner" column on that list is the Trackable Owner.

The "Location" column shows the cache the TB was last logged into, or shows the cacher that currently has the TB in their inventory.

21 minutes ago, EmzyJanezy said:

Complete non-expert here but doesn't the geocache you picked it up from show you which trackables should have been in it?

Yep -  you can "view past trackables" too, in that same trackable inventory square, though that's only if the person logged it in. 

The last year or so we're actually seeing more trackables in caches they're not logged into, than trackables logged in not there.  :)

Edited by cerberus1