Notifications via the Geoching app

Until a few weeks ago I got an notification from the Geoching app when an new message was sent to me. But since 2-3 weeks, which I think was in connection with an update of the app, this has ceased.

Have I missed some new setup or have this feature been removed? Notifications from other apps on my phone still works.

I do miss this as it was very handy to reply by clicking on the notification.

Not sure if you have sorted this.. nor which phone you have.. but if you are on Android, I wonder if it may have happened with the last Android update?

You can check which apps you are set up to receive notifications on by going to Settings --> Notifications  and then scrolling down the list of apps to check the Geocaching App has notifications turned on.

4 hours ago, peter-tvm said:

As far I I remember no updates to Android has been done on my phone.

The Android app had an update recently. The app version that's installed on your phone can be seen by going to "Help and About" and then scrolling to the bottom. The most recent version is 6.0.2 and that's what you should be seeing on your app.

FYI - When reporting issues with the app, it often helps to include the app and Android versions when posting about the issues.

No, the notifications still works very randomly.  I never made any deeper investigations about what was the problem. Sometimes the notifications works ans sometimes they fail, and sometimes they are received several hours after it was sent. 

My current versions on the app is 7.14.1 on Android 9