Problem with Montana 600

Thursday evening I loaded a new PQ on my Montana's SD card--like I always do.  I turned the unit on and checked that the cache I wanted to look for on Friday was there.  Yes, along  with a lot of other caches.  Turned it off.  Friday I turned it on when I was about 7 miles from the cache I wanted to find, and it was not showing, nor were other caches within a few miles of where I was.  There was only one cache showing; it was about 40 miles away.  (When I chose "Show Found" I did see a bunch of caches that I had found.)  Turned the unit off and on again a couple times, then gave up, because it would never show any caches but the one.

After I was home, I turned the unit on again and all the caches were there.  Investigating, I determined that the one cache I could see earlier was in a PQ. that was loaded in the Montana's own memory rather than the SD card.  I don't want to have this happen again--especially when I'm going after more than one cache.  Do I need a new SD card?  Or should I just load all PQs on both the card and the Montana's memory as a backup?

Thanks, Nancy

Maybe try a new card but they can fail randomly and they do wear out over a number of uses.  I have had issues where i uploaded caches via GSAK and then powered down the GPS without restarting until later and using the safe eject so the SD card doesn't get corrupted.  Almost every time I don't do an immediate GPS power up, the caches fail to display while in the field.  I normally write them to the SD card.  The fix has been to power down, remove SD card, power up.  After the GPS has finished booting, power down and replace the SD card and power up again.  They show up normally afterwards.  No idea why. 

Edited by Styk