Help please, found a cache.

Marianne2003

Hi There my son found a book with a USB dongle and a log book after reading this and logging onto this site I was wondering if anyone can help me I think it maybe an old one. I'm New to this and a bit unsure what to do it was last signed on 17/2/18 and the one before this was 6/8/17 at the front it says "You have found the... Tom Weir Geocache" then below it says cache replaced 01/04/14 so what do I do now?? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Marianne Gallagher.

It looks like you found the listing already and logged it: https://coord.info/GC14Z2M

:)

You can log it like you did, and leave it at that (you DID place the cache back where you found it, right?) since you found it albeit accidentally. Or since this is a multi-cache, you could try to follow the instructions in the listing to find it the way it was intended to find. Either way is allowed.

Edited by TriciaG
15 hours ago, Marianne2003 said:

Hi There my son found a book with a USB dongle and a log book after reading this and logging onto this site I was wondering if anyone can help me I think it maybe an old one. I'm New to this and a bit unsure what to do it was last signed on 17/2/18 and the one before this was 6/8/17 at the front it says "You have found the... Tom Weir Geocache" then below it says cache replaced 01/04/14 so what do I do now?? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Marianne Gallagher.

Great detective work!  Looks like you logged the correct cache listing.  :cute:

If the items were in a container, and if it seems to be a reasonable hiding spot (you know, if it wasn't just sitting out in the open in this case), place it all back where you found it.  There's a mention that you're supposed to "conceal" it.  You may then edit your cache log or make a note log that you put it back.

19 hours ago, Marianne2003 said:

As others have stated, put it back where your son found it.

There is a pretty good Help Center (although it isn't prominently displayed on the main Geocaching page) that can answer your many question as a newcomer to this great hobby.

20 hours ago, Marianne2003 said:

Anything on the dongle?