Email Notification Down?

jhuoni

2 hours ago, jiggs11 said:

Did anyone get a response from Ground speak?

Thank you for contacting us about Waymarking.

In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com, it was necessary to shift dedicated resources from Waymarking to Geocaching. Unfortunately, at this time we are only able to provide limited technical support. Please try posting your question on the Waymarking forums. These forums are monitored and can usually provide you with the best support.

Best,

Martin
Community Management Lead

--------------

This is the "canned" message you get from Groundspeak anytime you include the word Waymarking in any message.  I'm so glad they care about "us".

It's not that bad. The e-mail tells you that all questions/problems about Waymarking should be posted on the forum. I read the forum and I have the direct line to the Waymarking HQ. I pass it over and they will look into it. Often the HQ is already aware of the topics we post here. For us the forum is our helping center. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else holding off on submissions until email notifications are restored?

In the meantime, if you are an office, you can still check for submissions to your categories. I published a few yesterday. rejecting becomes a bit harder since the poster will not get to see your comments unless they join the group. I wrote up the reasons for rejection as normal, and copied the note before hitting the "Decline" button. Then, after declining the waymark, I viewed the declined waymark, and edited it to add the note at the top of the Long Description (along with a statement of why I was doing this and a few lines of -------- to make it clear when my note ends. I suspect some may be offended if you do that to their waymark, but in my case the submission was quickly updated (which obviously included deleting the note I added to the description) and resubmitted with a note of thanks from the waymarker. the edits were good and I was able to accept the waymark. So maybe consider that as a workaround for the time being.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Bon Echo said:

Anyone else holding off on submissions until email notifications are restored?

In the meantime, if you are an office, you can still check for submissions to your categories. I published a few yesterday. rejecting becomes a bit harder since the poster will not get to see your comments unless they join the group. I wrote up the reasons for rejection as normal, and copied the note before hitting the "Decline" button. Then, after declining the waymark, I viewed the declined waymark, and edited it to add the note at the top of the Long Description (along with a statement of why I was doing this and a few lines of -------- to make it clear when my note ends. I suspect some may be offended if you do that to their waymark, but in my case the submission was quickly updated (which obviously included deleting the note I added to the description) and resubmitted with a note of thanks from the waymarker. the edits were good and I was able to accept the waymark. So maybe consider that as a workaround for the time being.

sounds like a great way to do it. I wouldn't mind getting declinations like this all the time.

1 hour ago, BK-Hunters said:

The officer queue is working and waymarks are being approved.

Keith 

yes some are being approved, but you can bet there are any number of categories where the submissions will just pile up because those categories do not have officers who log onto the website and happen to notice there are waymarks awaiting review. Maybe it's only a couple categories where that happens, but I suspect it will be more than just a couple.

Okay, Thanks.

A few days ago I updated Thunderbird, now it crashes every time I receive a new email, though no notifications. 

Any suggestions how to fix Thunderbird, or is there an alternative mailer?

I have used Thunderbird for about 10 years and update when required and never had an issue. Until now...

Yeah, we tried about a dozen things and finally got to the "sound played on receipt of an email". Turning that off seems to have fixed it - said he with fingers crossed...

Keith

PS - I think restarting TBird in safe mode with add ons disabled was the second thing we tried after first rolling back TBird.