Eldisswispers

Eldisswispers

2 hours ago, Eldisswispers said:

How can we now load caches on to Garmin Oregon GPS now that Windows 10 update will not work with Garmin communicator. Please help.

You may place GPX files directly into the GPX folder of a modern Garmin GPSr, no plug-ins needed.

Download the GPX file from Geocaching.com. Not "Send To My GPS", use the "GPX File" button, on a cache page. For a Pocket Query, unzip the GPX files.
Plug the Garmin into the USB port of the computer.
Find the Garmin as a [DRIVE] or [storage device] and open it.
Therein, locate a file folder named something like Garmin/GPX/.
Click, drag and drop (or copy) the downloaded GPX file(s) to that [DRIVE]:Garmin/GPX/ folder.
Right-click and select Eject, unplug the Garmin.
Go Geocaching.
(From Gitchee-Gumee's excellent instructions)

Edited by kunarion

@kunarion @mods There should be a GIANT sticky message at the top of these boards (In red, in CAPS) about the way to load caches. There must be at least 5 posts asking the same question the last few days alone  about a problem that exists for a VERY long time (and no one tries to find an answer by searching the forums first).

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, on4bam said:

@kunarion @mods There should be a GIANT sticky message at the top of these boards (In red, in CAPS) about the way to load caches. There must be at least 5 posts asking the same question the last few days alone  about a problem that exists for a VERY long time (and no one tries to find an answer by searching the forums first).

I agree.  At the very least, it would be OK if there were a sticky message about where to find answers when a site feature doesn't work (such as the "Send To My GPS" button).

• Upvote 1