[bug] PQ download-link disappears after just 24 hours

DkMumrik

When creating PQ's with the option "Run this query once then delete it", it runs fine:

• PQ name gets striked through, indicating that PQ  definition is due to be deleted, within 24 hours
  • a link appears in the "Pocket query ready for Download"-tab

But when 24 hours passes, the link/line in "Pocket query ready for Download"-tab, gets deleted as well as the PQ definition in the "Active Pocket Queries"-tab.

I would expect the download link to be active, for 7 days, as with any other PQ's that has run.

Ys

Thomas

Is this the wrong channel for reporting bugs on Groundspeaks webisite(s)?

If I use the "contact us" form, and choose to report a bug, the guiding text that I get is:

The best way to report a bug is in the forums.

If your issue is personal and not appropriate for a public forum, please contact us.

So I did, but no reaction after one week.

I would at least have expected an acknowledge on "we have seen your bug-report" or something like that.

Ys

Thomas

20 minutes ago, DkMumrik said:

[...] I would at least have expected an acknowledge on "we have seen your bug-report" or something like that.

Ys

Thomas

Why? It seems not to be a bug when a PQ that you set to immediately beeing deleted after the run gets deleted asap.
That's what I would expect as obvious behaviour.

2 hours ago, HHL said:

Why? It seems not to be a bug when a PQ that you set to immediately beeing deleted after the run gets deleted asap.
That's what I would expect as obvious behaviour.

You have to be aware, that there are two lists in question. One for PQ-definitions, and one for links to download *results* of PQ-runs. I am fully aware, that run-once-then-delete results in the PQ-definition to be deleted after 24 hours.

But I would expect the download-link to stay for more then 24 hours (7 days as for other PQ-results), and not disappearing after 24 hours. It even states on the page/list that it is available for 7 days.

Try this...

• create a PQ, choose the "run once then delete" option
  • wait for it to run

Now you have it listed striked in th list of PQ-definitions (in the "Active pocket queries"-tab), and on the other tab "Pocket queries ready for download" you have a link, that points to the result of the PQ, it even has a statement "6 days remaining".

• wait for 24 hours
  • the PQ-definition will be deleted from the list (as expected)
  • and (this is the bug) the link for downloading the result of the PQ gets deleted as well, although just 24 hours has passed

I would expect the link, for downloading the result of the PQ run, to stay on the list for 7 days, as with all other PQ-results.

Take these two screenshots. I would expect the PQ to be deleted on the first view, (just) after 24 hours of run-time of the query, and it does.

But on the second screenshot I would expect the download link to stay for 7 days (it's even stated in the list "(6 days remaing)", that it should be).

As it is now, the download-link gets deleted just after 24 hours, on the second screenshot.

PQ.png.c1df8c2180232c8a44015d943256ef3e.png

PQdownload.png.91c06c34220fdca3298be4fc6e0877c6.png

Edited by DkMumrik
minor misspelling

Thanks for the good screen shots. I'll try this. Obviously, I can't report back on the available days for a  couple of days.  I mention that I have NOT been seeing this. But it's been a few days since my last PQ.

Any chance you're seeing the query disappear on download? I think that would be expected behavior.  I assume you understand this, but figured I'd better ask, just to cover all bases.

My screen shot of test PQ, set for 10 caches local I have not found, run today (Wednesday) then delete. It's shown on the download available tabs as available now (server time:

Wednesday 11 April 2018 07:06:2) and for 6 more days.  I'm not going to download it. See what happens tomorrow.

test days available PQ.jpg

Edited by Isonzo Karst
  • Upvote 1

I've confirmed this bug. This morning earlier than 7am server time,  my test one week download avail pq was showing on my Pocket Queries Available for Download tab, with (5 days remaining).  Sorry, I didn't think to capture a screen image

And now, 24+ hours since original creation of the PQ, and without downloading it - it's gone.

PQ disappears from download tab in 24 hurs.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thank you for taking your time, to investigate, on what I have tried to explain.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:15 PM, Isonzo Karst said:

Any chance you're seeing the query disappear on download? I think that would be expected behavior.  I assume you understand this, but figured I'd better ask, just to cover all bases.

Before this bug-report, I have never seen PQ-download-links disappear earlier then 7 days, regardless of being downloaded or not. But I do agree that it is/was worth testing.

I would prefer that PQ download-links do stay available (for 7 days). Some times I want to download the same PQ more the once, for example I use GSAK where I load *all* PQ's, but sometimes I want to download one of them again, for my mobile phone (running GDAK) or in the Geocaching App.

17 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

I've confirmed this bug. This morning earlier than 7am server time,  my test one week download avail pq was showing on my Pocket Queries Available for Download tab, with (5 days remaining).  ...

I made the same test, with the same result ;)

But I did notice another oddity, that might be useful to know, for whomever might be looking under the hood, for fixing this bug.

It seems that the links still lives under the hood, as I can find them via the API (GSAK). My guess is, that there is some DB select, that needs changed in the web-server-code, when searching for active(/newer the 7 days) downloadable PQ-reuslts.

The PQ I created for my test was named "Run once-delete-no download", note that it has disappeared from the web-page (just after 24 hours), but still is available via the API (via GSAK in my case). If you look at the following two screenshots (grab'ed within a few minutes of eachother), note:

• My PQ "Run once-delete-no download" is available for download via API, but not via the web-page
  • on the web-page there is 7 PQ-runs available for download, but via API there is 55 (I do heavily use the "run-once-then delete" option)

Thank you for taking your time on this,

Thomas

PQ-web.PNG.d01220333ddbcc232f7318c5b45edf09.PNG

PQ-GSAK.PNG.1f4af10663c15221ba0ef4b906a40d97.PNG

Edited by DkMumrik
minor typo-corrections
10 minutes ago, DkMumrik said:

[...] I would prefer that PQ download-links do stay available (for 7 days). [...]

Then you'd better avoid using these settings:

When creating PQ's with the option "Run this query once then delete it",

Your preferences doesn't match your PQ settings. Or vice versa.

Hans

1 hour ago, HHL said:

When creating PQ's with the option "Run this query once then delete it",

Your preferences doesn't match your PQ settings. Or vice versa.

Hans

Deleting the query isn't the same as deleting the result. It's the premature deletion of the result (the download zip file) that's the problem.

• Upvote 2