Website Down??

DyverDown

Grr!  Trying to log todays finds & either I sit watching things spin round from 5 minutes then my log does not appear.  Try again & it suddenly appears twice on the same cache.  Now it refuses to delete the duplicate!  Had exactly the same problem last weekend.  Don't have time to sit & watch paint dry!  Is it the site or is it my PC on a go-slow mission?

Yes the website is very very slow on my side too it's like being on old dial up waiting for page to load up. I have checked my broadband speed all ok at this side must be the servers or the web provider they use hope they sort it out soon..

Edited by shadowcelt

Is this why I can't edit attributes for a listing?  The cluster of attribute icons only shows up maybe one time out of four or five attempts.  And I did manage to enter them initially, but poof, they're gone.  (Firefox Quantum 65.0 64-bit on Linux, NoScript and Privacy Badger disabled.)

Is this something dynamically loaded after the page loads, but takes too long so it just gives up? 

Does heavy server load on sunny spring weekends come as a surprise?

Same here, it takes ages to log a cache. I just logged some DNF's, and got an error at the bottom of the page, so I tried again, and again, ... But when I checked the cache-page after a few attempts, the DNF was logged multiple times. The past few weeks, logging on a Sunday-evening doesn't seem to work unfortunately... You can't expect creative logs on creative caches when people get frustrated by a non-working (or very slow) website... I hope something is done about these website-problems soon!

4 minutes ago, Dr.MORO said:

I just posted a Found log for a 50+ Fav point geocache, but no adding of 50 points to my leaderboard point total.

Weird...

Maybe because I'm also NOT getting any notifications?

The geocache IS listed as Found by me today, and I have it on my Watchlist, but not message of my logging a Find.

Perhaps communication within the Geocaching system not functioning fully.

8 minutes ago, Dr.MORO said:

I just posted a Found log for a 50+ Fav point geocache, but no adding of 50 points to my leaderboard point total.

Weird...

After a wait, NOT immediately, and reloading the leaderboard a few times, it finally has been updated to include my 50 points to my total.

Still just sluggish?

4 hours ago, Dr.MORO said:

Maybe because I'm also NOT getting any notifications?

The geocache IS listed as Found by me today, and I have it on my Watchlist, but not message of my logging a Find.

Perhaps communication within the Geocaching system not functioning fully.

I haven't received a notification email of a new cache published in my area today (GC847RH), I only heard about it in the local FB group. I wonder if there's any others I missed.

Yeah, me too...    Can't even hit my own profile  now.   Didn't do it just minutes ago, so must be a sporadic thing.

Can get onto the page, but click on my own finds or anything brings up the error.

Yep.  Clicked on my name to take me to profile and came right up.   Sporadic.

Edited by cerberus1