GPS File to Pocket querie

Frank22

I have a geotour downloaded as a GPS exchange file. There are 136 geocaches in the file. I'd like to change the file to a pocket querie. This way I can run the pocket querie with 'caches that i have not found'. Caches I have found will not be included in future running of the pocket querie. I have not found anyone who made a booklist of the geotour. I tried to attach the gps file but it is not accepted as a file type

Regards Frank22

Edited by Frank22
misspelled word

If you have GSAK you load the GPX file into that. Then run the update macro and it will update the status automatically for the Found caches, plus download updated cache logs each time you run it. You can filter out the Found caches if you wish. As well as filter out those that are disabled or archived. 

A pocket query consists of three parts:  1) a set of search criteria (which can be created using the PQ form) which selects what caches you want in your results.  2) the ability to save the search criteria and replay the search periodically (e.g. once a week), and 3) a results file, in GPX format, optionally compressed as a zip file.

In this case, the OP already has a GPX file and just needs to send it to their GPS devise.  Even if the file were put into a list, then saved as a PQ, that's not going to save the criteria used to creating the list of caches, thus any new caches added to the tour would not get added to the list.  

GSAK is basically just a waypoint manager (albeit, a very good one).  EasyGPS/ExpertGPS, Basecamp, or ICaching (for a Mac) are others that can manage a list of waypoints and used to keep track of which caches in a list have been found.  

However, the ability to import a GPX file into a list might be a useful feature for some.