Notification e-mails stopped working

Mrs.Hoagie

I've had notification e-mails set up for my account for years.  I use an alternative e-mail for notifications, so that they come into my phone e-mail, not my regular e-mail (which is so huge, I don't have it notifying me on my phone).

About a month ago (I'm not sure when, because I was sick) the notification e-mails just stopped coming.

I've confirmed the alternate address in geocaching.com - it is selected, and confirmed.  I've confirmed that other e-mails arrive to that address without problem. I've turned the notifications off and back on again, in hopes that would "wake them up."  No luck. 

I've written to GS, awaiting an answers... but I was hoping someone here might know why notifications would just STOP.

Usually when cases like this is reported, either the emails are discovered in the "spam" folder, or the mail provider has decided that all those notifications "must be spam" and throttles them at the source, so that they never reach the intended mailbox.

You were correct to write in via the Help Center, as Geocaching HQ customer service will be able to look up the mail records for your account.

• Upvote 1

Keystone, 

After a very lengthy and frustrating interchange with one support person at Groundspeak (where he eventually told me that new cache notifications could NOT be sent to a secondary e-mail address, never could, never will, despite the fact that for each notification I had to select which e-mail I wanted it sent to!), I got this message today. Apparently it is a problem on their end, that they hadn't realized was a problem.  It's very frustrating for me, however! 

-- Mrs.Hoagie / Carolyn

"Hi Carolyn, 

It appears we are finding some back-end issues related to Instant Notifications, so thanks for letting us know. We are looking into this matter, and when we find out more, we will get back to you. 

Best, 

Paul 
Geocaching Community Manager"