Statistics show wrong number of finds

Marty91

In the statistics the "Finds per month" show that we have found 74 caches in October 2017. However, when I count the caches in the list of logs it appears that we have only found 72 caches that month. GSAK also counts 72 caches. Project-GC has found no duplicate logs. Nor did we, when we searched through logs of all the caches we found.

Statistics obviously have nothing to do with geocaching, and you might call me obsessed (like my husband), but this has bugged me for months. Can anybody help me fix this?

1 hour ago, Marty91 said:

In the statistics the "Finds per month" show that we have found 74 caches in October 2017. However, when I count the caches in the list of logs it appears that we have only found 72 caches that month. GSAK also counts 72 caches. Project-GC has found no duplicate logs. Nor did we, when we searched through logs of all the caches we found.

Statistics obviously have nothing to do with geocaching, and you might call me obsessed (like my husband), but this has bugged me for months. Can anybody help me fix this?

I agree.  Most don't.  :)       Just so you know, "duplicate found logs" are a thing of the past since last April. 

My count was the same (72) .  When did you get your two lab caches?

1 hour ago, Marty91 said:

In the list "caches i've found" there are 2 lab caches. I have no idea which caches they were, nor when I have found them. But ... another step towards solving the mystery. Thank you!

You may be able to see exactly which Lab Caches you found.  From your profile, you can drill down to your Lab Cache list, or click here while logged in: https://labs.geocaching.com/logs

In case you become tempted by the "trash can" icon next to each Lab Cache Find, be sure you know in advance what to expect (compared to what you intend).  There are some posts like this one that might be worth a look.

Edited by kunarion
  • Upvote 1

My first reaction was "That can't be right, we have never been to the USA. This must be a mistake from geocaching.com. Just like the California-souvenir we received in september 2013." But my other half said that he did solve a couple of assignments, got bored with them and stopped doing them. So, finally the problem is solved.

I just have to live with  a discrepancy in finds on geocaching.com and GSAK.

Cerberus1 and Kunarion, thank you so much for your help.